Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What paintball costs

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
An addenum following my trip to watch the guys at the CPPS.

In the 'breakout' division a 5 man team played 9 games, with approx 5 pods plus a hopper per game.
So they took out approx 5 x 140 + 200 each, so up to around 900 paintballs, or 4500 in total
Just over 2 cases of paint to get onto the field for the first game - In the region of £60

Tournament games can be fast (the first game seemed to end almost straight away & I thought there was a problem, however they had won before I realised)
So the chances are you don't need all that paint per game, but if you did then that would be 20 cases for enough paint for every game. In the region of £600

I'm not going to give away any secrets, but the cost per player for the team was within the estimated price range in earlier posts.

Unlike other styles of paintball a tournement is dependant on the full team, in scenario players can stick to their own styles and be a high or low paint shooter. In a tournament your position may dictate your paint fired, the guy running out ahead taking risks could gain ground to win a game, but could also be put out quickly and shoot little paint, the guy sat at the back may not be taking the risks to gain ground but is essential to provide support & cover for those up front, and could be the last player in the game firing a lot of paint all of the way through.

In 'breakout' I believe the fire mode was semi & at 10bps. In other levels there will be ramping etc which will make a difference on the paint used.

Take the total costs of entering the tournament for the team, the teams paint bill, divide by the number of players and you ought to get a cost in a range of £70 to £100
Accommodation will be extra

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
An additional tip with Travelodges etc is when booking a room put down the maximum number of people.
The price is usually per room and the number of people is often irrelevant.

However when I checked in there was a group of 6 going into a room booked for 1. They asked for extra beds but these were refused - the staff were not going to start moving beds, and couldn't switch rooms with the place being fully booked over an event weekend.