Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What paintball gun should I get

synergy

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2008
Bicester
i got my pmr for 90 quid off here and i love it, but before you buy a marker get a good mask, and it would help to know your budget.
totaly agree with pmr man deff get a decent mask id personally say it is the most important piece of kit you will buy,look around the classifieds good deals to be had for all your gear bud

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
like the guys are saying, get a good mask first,

then if i was you, id have a look on the classifieds for a marker.
you could get an ion for about £70 or so,
just remember, you get what you pay for.

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
I'm going to agree with the above posters. Those markers aren't great, and if you're just looking for something to get you on the field, you could do much better buying 2nd hand off of here for the same price. However, if money is super tight and you aren't looking to spend over £200 on kit, then just get a good mask (ask first if you're unsure what makes a good mask) for £40-£60 and you'll get much more bang for your buck being able to see and being comfortable while you play rather than just having an okay marker.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
My best advice to you as a new player:

Give Jon at LiPS* (see them in the Site Supporters forum) a call on 01707 325007 and talk to him about what you need. He will give you the best advice and tailor a package to your needs and price range. Ship it next day if its in stock and give you all the support and advice you need, on top of the manufacturers warranty. I would leave buying second hand until you have more experience with the equipment! (Avoids any nasty surprises and you have a lifeline in case of 'user error').

*If some bloke called Chris answers ask to speak to Tarzan!

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
The two that you have shown in your post are not all that wonderful. The Piranha operates using a very basic tech and the other is a relatively unknown brand, which may cause big issues with spares and so on. Good brands to go with when shopping for a new gun would be - Proto, Dye, Invert and Planet Eclipse
Unless you want to dress up as Rambo and cart a load of useless "upgragdes" around with you, you want to get an Electropneumatic gun. This basically means that, unlike other guns that use springs and similar to work (blowbacks), they use a solenoid to cycle air to different parts of the guns to make it fire. They will be smoother, lighter and just generally lovelier than BBs. Buy a gun that is suitable for tournament play, which will then be suitbale for woodsball as well: woodsball guns tend to look like real military hardware, but are too bulky heavy and slow firing to be any use when playing games on smaller fields or tournament fields.
Personally, I would buy the gun secondhand. The secondhand market is in freefall and you can buy kit for ridiculous money secondhand! Make sure you stick to well known brands and sellers on here with good feedback and you'll do fine. Guns that are avaialble for <£150 include:
Proto PMR -90ish
Proto SLG - 60ish
Ion - 70ish
Ego 05 - 150ish
Etek Ego 1 - 150ish

All are excellent markers, and silly value at that money. chuck in a Halo or Reloader Hopper (£35ish) a steel air tank (£35ish) and spend as much as you can on a brand new mask and you have an excelent set up that will keep up with pretty much anything out there...