Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What paintball masks are the best on the market and why?

Ronnie Blue

Mar 27, 2017
Hi,

I'm a university student studying Product design and am redesigning a paintball mask. I would like to know some positives and negatives about current paintball masks on the market if you can give a reason why they're good that would be extremely helpful

Condensation?
What changes need to be made?
Fit?
Vision?
Comfort?
Price?

Thank you

Jordan Willetts

JORDIII3
Sep 19, 2016
Cannock
www.facebook.com
I5- light weight, the strap system is really cool and makes them so comfortable. Tight fit. Great vision. Lens is a fuss to get out compared to grills. Doesn't come with a rain visor which is a bit of a pain

Grills- easy to breath in, not tight round the chin but can squash your ears in. Lens is really easy to remove. The rain visor is a pain to get on as you have to but these bans round some points.

Reactions: Ronnie Blue

Schmickle

Sep 11, 2016
Chester
Mostly down to personal preference I've found, depending on the person the masks will fog up differently or not. Best thing is to try them on and see how you like them!

Reactions: Ronnie Blue

Ronnie Blue

Mar 27, 2017
I5- light weight, the strap system is really cool and makes them so comfortable. Tight fit. Great vision. Lens is a fuss to get out compared to grills. Doesn't come with a rain visor which is a bit of a pain

Grills- easy to breath in, not tight round the chin but can squash your ears in. Lens is really easy to remove. The rain visor is a pain to get on as you have to but these bans round some points.
Appreciated thanks a lot!

Ben77

Mar 13, 2012
In my experience, it's always best to try lots of different ones on. Some people prefer a tighter fit, some prefer a wider mask!

Tommo_Thomson

May 29, 2017
Haverhill
I have purchased 4 masks over the last 2 years and can't recommend to you enough that if you can go to paintball store and try a mask on then do so. As the key to any mask is that it has to be comfortable when playing if your mask annoys you in anyway shape or form you wont have a good game and unlike say a knee/arm pad annoying that you can take off. Your mask is glued to your face the second you walk out on to that field to play, so it is all about being comfortable.

So this lesson was brought to you by mask number 1 my Valken Annex MI-7 mask, which whilst it protected my head was the most uncomfortable thing in the world to wear due to the ridged plastic that just seemed to crush my head.

Next I gave the V-Force Grills ago, which whilst it stopped the head crushing I found the peak seemed to encourage paint to find its way to my forehead and the field of vision wasn't that great.

Next up was the Empire E-Vents, amazing as it came with a sun visor and a high rise peak and this stopped the pain of paint hitting me in the forehead but I started to fog up a lot when using it.

Then Empire released the EVS mask and from the start loved the fact the lens was so big, so when one come up for grabs on one of the FB pages I bought it...for what seemed like a great deal, until Just paintball did their Pre Christmas sale and reduced them to £80 new :ROFLMAO:

Anyway the EVS is now what I'm using, as suspected due to the lens the field of vision is amazing, the bigger vent holes around the mouth seem to help with fogging up and whilst it doesn't stop it it's far better than the E-Vents or the Grill.

The mask itself is also a bit larger, which means if you don't have a narrow face like me this will give you the protection you need and is why I didn't try the Dye range as these seem to be a very narrow fit mask.

Zackie Tran

May 18, 2017
The newest on the market so far for the dye mask is the dye i5. Its one of the best masks that giving the most vision on the field. The i5 also is slightly bigger than the dye i4 (which was too small for most people) at the chin part. Your forehead would still be expose if u have a big head. This problem can be fix with a headband or head protection. However, it's len is thermal len and antifog, cool look, kind of like robocop style, good design that u wont have to upgrade for long time. Difficult to taking apart to maintain or clean.

Grill mask is also one of the best choice as well from my opinion. It's completely larger than the dye mask so it will cover the whole head. Aggressive look, many difference colours and styles, the len is also thermal and antifog. However it giving a smaller vision compare to the dye because of it's len is smaller than the dye len. The inside is much wider than the dye mask so you can wear glasses under it. It's also easy to take the mask apart to clean or swap pieces.

I own both dye and grill so this is my personal opinion. I wouldnt recommend you to design a whole head cover mask as you will get hot when play and the heat won't be able to escape.

stacyhoffman

Banned
Apr 27, 2022
Hi,

I'm a university student studying Product design and am redesigning a paintball mask. I would like to know some positives and negatives about current paintball masks on the market if you can give a reason why they're good that would be extremely helpful

Condensation?
What changes need to be made?
Fit?
Vision?
Comfort?
Price?
http://bestpaintballmasks.com/
Thank you
What is everyone’s favorite mask on the market right now? Dye i5, virtue contour 2, bunkerkings cmd, push unite?

Sambo1988

Dec 28, 2020
Derbyshire
I love the JT proflex I have a couple of them great comfort, flexible breathable.
I don’t mind the lenses change system but some people say it’s a pain. Only thing I would change about it would be changeable foam instead of having to rip the old out and glue in the new.

Thanks

Sam