Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

what Physique and characteristics needed for snake?

Viator

Mar 10, 2015
So what does your typical snake player look like and where does his strengths lie?:)

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
well having played snake side pretty much every event for 4 years, having good acceleration helps me make it to my front spots easier than some others. I'm 5'11", so not tiny but being a little smaller also makes it easier for me to stay low while moving quickly in the snake. first shot accuracy is important, if you miss a pack shot by a couple inches, opponents will feel the paint passing by, tuck in and the kill is lost. in recent years because layouts put snake on the pit side, being able to think for yourself and listen to team mates is more important in the absence of a coach.
However, since my games don't just consist of hitting the snake off the break, I still need to practise my gunfighting to help me control opponents and then move to my secondary spot. and just to make things harder again, if the snake isn't the priority in the game we're playing, I need to be able to shoot good lanes and play defensively until its the right time for me to move.
Generally, my running and shooting needs to be good since I'm almost never delaying at the start gate when I'm playing, and if you can run and shoot everywhere you go, you'll control a lot more people.
Easy to overlook is well, is snake guys needs to have full confidence in their ability to slide in to a low bunker like the snake, too many people try to help out by playing snake a couple of random points, and just injure themselves by not sliding in correctly.

Howzy

Northern Blackouts Capitano #29
Jan 31, 2015
North east
I play snake and im only 5"4. As Liam says being small helps playing snake as you can keep low whereas if u put a 6"6 giant into the snake chances are they Can get low but won't be as tight as a smaller person will be especially for moving up unnoticed.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
So how does one slide properly without causing Injury?
sliding mainly on forearms and chest, keeping the barrel clear of the ground to avoid digging in. when running, should be going full speed, then get as low as possible and slide FORWARD. There should be very little 'falling' or dropping to the floor. the harder you come down the more it'll hurt. have a youtube search on 'superman diving' in paintball and you should get some examples. the last thing to hit the ground should be your knees.