Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What pissses you off in paintball

ddr400

TEAM SPS
Aug 29, 2007
Watford
www.sps-paintball.co.uk
Insurance, wages and resources are just a few of the factors you haven't considered.

If you want a lower rate than someone else, just because you are "in the know" or come more often, why should you?

If you buy an item from the same shop everyday, should you get a discount?

I did take those items in to consideration hence my comment about my friends and jo-public and the pros'/cons argument, I used to have endless battles with people in my showrooms when I ran a couple of Volvo dealerships about the prices of my technicians, on how they are paying for a service, their training, guaranteed work, lighting, wages, the building they are standing in and so on.

And I am a believer that you should earn your discounts. I always buy paint from the site im playing at and don’t bring my own as I believe you should support and pay your way and help the site. But why let me pay £25 one day and then the day after when I bring four people all spending money at full prices (That wouldn’t be if I had not bought them along) make me pay £120.

Stencil

pew pew
Sep 8, 2006
Yorkshire.
I did take those items in to consideration hence my comment about my friends and jo-public and the pros'/cons argument, I used to have endless battles with people in my showrooms when I ran a couple of Volvo dealerships about the prices of my technicians, on how they are paying for a service, their training, guaranteed work, lighting, wages, the building they are standing in and so on.

And I am a believer that you should earn your discounts. I always buy paint from the site im playing at and don’t bring my own as I believe you should support and pay your way and help the site. But why let me pay £25 one day and then the day after when I bring four people all spending money at full prices (That wouldn’t be if I had not bought them along) make me pay £120.
What if someone asks why you get a discount to the person selling the paint? Then they find out how much the paint costs for the site, tells everyone he knows, then they tell everyone they know...

The site would be in jepody.

If you don't like the prices, go to walk ons and take your mates there.

ddr400

TEAM SPS
Aug 29, 2007
Watford
www.sps-paintball.co.uk
Look im not having a row! The thread was about what pisses us off individually! and that was mine.

And im not stupid enough to buy my paint infront of the punters if i was getting it cheap. And yea i have now started going to walk-ons with my mates.

After all profit isnt a dirty word, but look after the people that look after you,

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
What i hate: People who get 'respect' for being 'all for the team' but who are creaming off the £££ for themselves and screwing the players in the ass. ie two faced 5hites who then expect you to say nothing... yeah, right!

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
What i hate: People who get 'respect' for being 'all for the team' but who are screwing the players in the ass.
Yah, Rosie was telling us about that. Is this at the same Rainbow event or are UK players generally obsessed with bumluv?

Cusack

Oct 17, 2005
What i hate: People who get 'respect' for being 'all for the team' but who are creaming off the £££ for themselves and screwing the players in the ass. ie two faced 5hites who then expect you to say nothing... yeah, right!

That really is disgusting you know, paintball is expensive enough without people taking unreasonable profits from their own players just because they 'got' a deal or paid for it or whatever. Fair enough you can take a cut but i think anything more than a tenner (like 1.50 from each player..) in total is not friendly at all.

And on from that, there can be this negative paintballer mentality in some (not ALL) people. It's like some people have to have some **** with everyone or, you can't be in paintball without hating every other team, I don't get it sometimes.

And in teams when players are bitching and moaning instead of getting on with it - E.g Unknown Soldiers Ep. 3, after the game they lost and people started bitching and shouting - the rest of the team's method of damage limitation was to shout louder and get more angry at both the people shouting. Arguments never solve anything and so they dropped games and missed the cut.

Especially when teams like Joy and RL are the best teams in the world and are both positively driven, it's counter productive.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Look im not having a row! The thread was about what pisses us off individually! and that was mine.

And im not stupid enough to buy my paint infront of the punters if i was getting it cheap. And yea i have now started going to walk-ons with my mates.

After all profit isnt a dirty word, but look after the people that look after you,

You may wanna try ringing up the guy a few days in advance and explain the situation. Like you pointed out, it's no good sense to hand over 25 quid in front of the rest of the guys and get a box of paint. If you swing by to pay for your paint in advance, it may be no problem at all (I've sort of been on the selling end of the scenario that you describe, hence my suggestion).

ddr400

TEAM SPS
Aug 29, 2007
Watford
www.sps-paintball.co.uk
You may wanna try ringing up the guy a few days in advance and explain the situation. Like you pointed out, it's no good sense to hand over 25 quid in front of the rest of the guys and get a box of paint. If you swing by to pay for your paint in advance, it may be no problem at all (I've sort of been on the selling end of the scenario that you describe, hence my suggestion).
Thanks Buddha mate will do.

jitsuwarrior

Old Baller, getting older
Jun 14, 2007
Northern England
What winds me up is when an owner can't cope with competition from other sites, at the end of the day if the pressure is that hot why don't they setup a mini league and try and entice customers into a Sunday league format moving around the different clubs to keep regular play? It works in a pub for darts and pool so why can't it work in Paintball?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Come on Gups, name and shame gal, name and shame....don't wuss out now !

:)