Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What Postion

CrimsonDragon

Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
For a long time now I have played back. When I ended up switching guns and going from an 2K3 cocker to a 2K4 strange shocker. The other day when I was playing I was finding that I could play tighter and move faster since the gun is so light and small. I was able to play mid or I even found myself working the snake. One game was even a 3on3 where I took one guy right off the break. I then went from a back can into the snake to take out another guy in a back can then went up the field and took out the last gun in a lay down can. All this happened in less than a minute. Does this mean I should be playing up front now or mid maybe. I like it alot more cause I get to shot more people out. Can someone help me out here on how to decide which postion would be best for me?

sixmill

Jun 15, 2004
Visit site
If you find playing front or mid more comfortable then back, and you can still get the job done (it sounds like you can) then I wouldn't hesitate to change positions.
What's even scarier to the opposition is a back player who thinks like a front player :D

baruchpb

Apr 6, 2003
Visit site
if you have a coach or team captain, they can normally tell you what position you should be playing. a lot of players on my college team and personal team think they should be playing other positions than what i assign to them but in reality i'm correct. if someone does their job 100% and does it well then thats what they should be doing

Slapper Guy

just add beer
Apr 26, 2004
Wirral
Visit site
Sounds like you'd be happier playing Mid, that way you can cover where it's most needed and if you've been playing back you'll find it easier to drop back if needed. It's not all about the players you take out, back players are great when their putting down the paint and putting the opposition into their bunkers, allows us front players to do stupid things and look great ..... sometimes;)

hankin

Jun 11, 2003
Visit site
This question sucks.

how the hell is ne one ment to tell you where to play on the field just from knowing u played a snake and shot some fooolz.

Play where your team needs you. Play where you most enjoy. Go play on your own in your room.

You cant tell someone where to play without seeing them play a game go ask a friend or team mate.

Y2chris99

pbnation 4 lyfe
May 2, 2002
Norbook Massive
Visit site
as long as u shout g1 it dont even matta where u play as long as u look good so start by making urself look gd wen u play then start worryin about the little techniqalities like where to go and shizzle and first thing to do to look gd is to chuck the shocker and get a more pimping uzi like a pimpulse contact me or hankineo or some allias power or even go 4 splatmaster for pure aggness

respect

Mog

Team Barcode
Aug 7, 2004
UK
Visit site
we make sure we can play all positions, just cause you start the game as a back player it doesnt mean you have to finish the game as a back player, we like to play fast and aggresive, so if or "front players" get taken out, then we know our "back players" can fill in where needed, as hankin said, we cant really tell you what is best without seeing you play, speak to your team and see what they think is best, they will know what you are capable of, and they may find it benefits your team more for you to start at the back while the break out is going on, then move your self up quick into the thick of it all, see what they say.

young_en

ArDcOrE TiL i DiE
as said b4 m8, its got nothin two do with how many people youve shot in a 3 on 3, its about which job you do betta, that maybe shootin fools for a front player, but if u cant get there or know what 2 do wen u dive into your oppositions 25 n got 7 guns shootin 15bps on ur ass. Likewise a great back player should be able to keep the opposition at bay, enablin his front boys to do tha damage n then mop up afta,

this is nothing in detail and nothing set in stone. but more of an outline to help solve ur little "iv shot more people than you" arguement.

TJ

Kieran

Jiggy
Sep 16, 2002
UK
everywhere

Play everywhere, that's what the game's all about these days... gone are the days of back players mid players and front players, everyone needs a crossover of skills to compete and be able to play any bunker anywhere on the field.