Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What 'Really grinds your gears'?

AmyStroodle

Jan 7, 2014
Leeds,West Yorkshire
www.facebook.com
Equating horrific natural disasters like tsunamis and earthquakes that kill thousands to a few wrecked carpets in middle England, sure, right.....
Mmm bit of an ignorant comment there in my opinion. These people are more effected than wreacked carpets, carpets, walls, the damp smell, furnature, other possessions, having to live in sports halls while things are sorted out, plus the insurance won't cover them so everything comes out of their pockets, some people can only just afford to live as it is, they are unable to move out of the house as noone will want to buy a house that's constantly flooded. Terrible kinda life having to deal with that and pretty much being stuck there. :] If we can afford to send billions elsewhere we can afford to give a little to help out people in our own country.

I was on about sending money not saying houseing flooding is as horrific as earthquakes ect and death tolls

Reactions: Spookls

Redd

Jul 21, 2011
Bristol(UK)
If your not there that's clearly your fault isn't it (y)(n)
Id like to agree but estimated deliveries are a pain, it could come in 3 days or it could come in 5.
i like to imagine theirs someone sat on a tricycle in the sorting office going "you want to play a game?"

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Mmm bit of an ignorant comment there in my opinion. These people are more effected than wreacked carpets, carpets, walls, the damp smell, furnature, other possessions, having to live in sports halls while things are sorted out, plus the insurance won't cover them so everything comes out of their pockets, some people can only just afford to live as it is, they are unable to move out of the house as noone will want to buy a house that's constantly flooded. Terrible kinda life having to deal with that and pretty much being stuck there. :] If we can afford to send billions elsewhere we can afford to give a little to help out people in our own country.

I was on about sending money not saying houseing flooding is as horrific as earthquakes ect and death tolls
Feel free to donate DFS and Carpet Right vouchers to those in need then.

Charity, particularly on a national level is about balance and I think many people have a greater sympathy for horrible loss of life and full destruction of infrastructure rather than helping to replace a load of material possessions.

AmyStroodle

Jan 7, 2014
Leeds,West Yorkshire
www.facebook.com
Feel free to donate DFS and Carpet Right vouchers to those in need then.

Charity, particularly on a national level is about balance and I think many people have a greater sympathy for horrible loss of life and full destruction of infrastructure rather than helping to replace a load of material possessions.

I don't give to charity, my reasoning being the majority of it doesn't go to what the charity is promoting to be helping.

Again I feel you're missing the bigger disruption to people lives than just the material possessions. Just like in other countries where earthquakes ect happen, it's the quality of someones life that you're giving money towards, (Are you saying if it's 100 or so people it doesn't matter but if it's a thousand they deserve money more?) and aren't people, wether hit by a food or an earthquake both no longer able to live in their own house, loose possessions (not for fancy but life eg cookers, washing machines ect) and being unable to move? Maybe they've completly lost their house due to the flooding? People die due to flooding also.

Sure more people die due to natural disasters that we don't have in our country but the point still stands people in our own country shouldn't be left without financial help when we can afford to send so much elsewhere.

Also you've gotta wonder, if anything every happened here would they do the same for us?