Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What 'Really grinds your gears'?

alexunder

The Bruiser
Dec 3, 2013
Romford
www.paintballfocus.com
1. People who do not give a toss that something they do disturbs others - loud music, smoking, littering, not cleaning after their dogs etc.
2. People who lie even though there is no need to.
3. Overcrowded public transport and people farting on the train.
4. People stopping at the end of the escalator and thinking which way to go.
5. The fact that I have to travel far to play paintball with my son.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
An update following everyone else's rants, and one from a recently linked paintball media article at the end.......

Fog lights - very important thing to note if you are the person with your fog lights on:
A very bright red light on the back of your car is so bright that it takes away the effect of your brake lights.
Rear lights are there so we can see your car in the dark, brake lights are there a bit brighter and a bit bigger so we no the car in front is stopping, fog lights are as bright as possible so that in extremely bad visibility we can see something is in front.
Unless you are the last car in a line of traffic, or the only car, pottering along slowly in fog hardly seeing where you are going then your fog lights should be off. If you can see a light in your mirror your fog lights should be off.
If not then that car behind you with his eyes wide open starting at the road trying to see where he is going is not going to notice you tap the brakes and will crash straight into the back of you

I love pay at pump - drive up, zap the card, take petrol, drive off. Simple
Don't hog the 'pay at pump' pumps if there are only some - and then go inside to pay.......
Speed bumps are fine - when they are there for the purpose they are designed for. Not for the purpose that councils use speed bumps for because they are within their powers as opposed to going through the right process for speed limit changes etc
An example as highlighted to me by my driving instructor years ago:
There is an area on the driving lesson/test circuit with a long stretch of road, 2 schools and speed bump after speedbump. The council put in the speedbumps for 'traffic calming' as you should take care driving, slow as appropriate and watch out for kids. They left the speedlimit at 30
But the purpose of speedbumps is to 'calm' traffic to the speed limit, so my instructor told me to drive through just as the examiner will expect - 30mph, brake for the bump, accelerate to 30, brake, accelerate to 30, brake ......
There's a pattern there - guess what causes faster traffic past the schools and erratic driving?

And the final one as prompted by a link on p8ntballer:

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/now-this-i-didnt-predict.164562/
http://www.paintballaccess.com/2014/01/san-jose-royalty-and-the-los-angeles-ironmen-merge-their-rosters/

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

That is a header on a press release - it is not part of the press release.
It can have 2 functions -
1) letting the PR department know they can put it straight out
2) letting good co-operative media know they can publish it straight away as opposed to when you may be giving them something in advance that will have a co-ordinated publication date.

In the age of copy/paste publication at least put in the effort of selecting the part that is meant to be published - the actual press release

Reactions: H and Russell Hill

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
So many covered already, but, I'll add these.

People who cut you up at a junction, and then hold you up where you can't overtake, or take the very next left!

Tailgaters and those that refuse to let you keep a safe breaking distance between you and the vehicle in front by cutting in.

Those that think it's quite acceptable to drive with their main beam on if they are following you, or not dipping they are going in the opposite direction on a dual carriageway/motorway.

DRxFelix

Durka Rabbits
Jan 14, 2014
Sunbury on Thames
I've another one...

People who use satnavs as bible. Mostly when nearing a roundabout. You can see what exit you need to turn off at, it flaming well tells you. So rather than cut everyone up, before you enter the roundabout, remember what exit you need to take!

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
Bro you Mad?
Things I don't like, other departments at work conflicting with my Job.
Tools on the internet repeating the same " troll" over and over,
People who only contributeto forums by replying to trolls going " FLOL" and that is all they ever post.
The Headache I have at the moment.
Not realizing I have unlocked the 25MM cannons on the Z11 on BF4 prior to gaming last night.
Google chrome only accepting Z's when my language uses S's

AmyStroodle

Jan 7, 2014
Leeds,West Yorkshire
www.facebook.com
haha bright flashy lights are the best
-hides bike- o_O
:cautious: Be a shame if someone .... stole and lost them!

Another thing that grinds my gears is ... someone staying at your house, and when you have to go to work at 7:30am till 4:30pm likes to send snapchats throughout the day of themselves in your bed, playing games, generally relaxing and eating your chocolate. (n)