Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What Reg?

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Look to the front of it (right hand side of the picture) at the rounded part. That bit there screws in and out of the asa, so you screw it in and it presses the pin valve on the air (marker aired up), screw it out and the pin valve comes back out and your marker is degassed :)

Dave

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Picture may help, look at the 32 degrees one here on my old Impy :) You can see the on/off asa is screwed out on the picture, so if I screwed my Nitroduck into it the marker would not be gassed up until I wound the front of it in to depress the pin valve :)

ThunderCat

Stormin'
May 28, 2003
Nottingham
www.lincolnstorm.co.uk
Originally posted by L1f3
Look to the front of it (right hand side of the picture) at the rounded part. That bit there screws in and out of the asa, so you screw it in and it presses the pin valve on the air (marker aired up), screw it out and the pin valve comes back out and your marker is degassed :)

Dave
aha, I'm closer to understanding now :) Is that bette than the in line on/off tap then?

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Each to there own mate. Some people prefer an on/off asa, others prefer the inline. I have tried both and preffered the on/off asa :)

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Get the x-stream reg mate with a 32 degrees on/off :) Used them on all me markers (not the x-stream but the older version) and never had one bit of bother with it ever. Sold me Nitroduck and bought an angel air which I can only describe as an unreliable shower of s**t. Now off to buy meself an x-stream tomorrow and another 32 degrees on/off :)

Dave

PS marer was sweet but since that one have had a Warped Sportz Rock IR3 (hated it) and have gone back to me good old faithful cockers, nice new shiney Evo X :)

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
I have a tap you can have mate, like I said I bought one, tried it and didn't like it :)

Might seem more expensive getting the on/off asa but its worth it in my opinion :) just for the face it looks a lot tidyer to me :)

You can't just buy a drop forward though without a bottom line (asa) as you will have nowhere to screw the air into.

No matter what you will need:
2x 1/4" 90 degree elbows
1/4" hosing
A reg of some sort (x-strem or similar)

Then either an eclipse bottom line mk2 and an on/off tap OR

A drop forward (has to be a long) and an on/off asa

Dave