Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What should i DO :)

waldo795

Mar 1, 2011
Watford
Marker help really guys..(what should i get / do)

ive got a BT4 Ironhorse at the mo and i am looking to get into tourney ball
but at the same time I like the scenario style (not really mil sim but woodsball)

been looking at PMR's and EGO's but basically want a cost effective marker that
shoots nice is accurate and not too expensive the proto rail is looking alright but
anyone got any advice?

I wanna get rid of the BT4 TBH so any advice is much apreciated

P.S im based in watford and wanna get into a team maybe come summer? anyone over at bricket wood wanna sort me out :p ljust to throw it out there! )

thanks guys

CraigofScotland

Naked fun time
Oct 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Get a scenario speedball mashup like the angel ARK :) Then you can make it either depending what your doing that weekend.

EDIT: Sorry re read about the cost bit. Proto rail is nice but consider a 2nd hadn marker from these forums such as ego 09, etek3, PMR. Get something decent for far less cash, its a buyers market :)

waldo795

Mar 1, 2011
Watford
Get a scenario speedball mashup like the angel ARK :) Then you can make it either depending what your doing that weekend.

EDIT: Sorry re read about the cost bit. Proto rail is nice but consider a 2nd hadn marker from these forums such as ego 09, etek3, PMR. Get something decent for far less cash, its a buyers market :)
is there much difference between the markers? or is it somethng differenet for each person?

MattyD

Jan 19, 2011
IMO, like the others said buy a second hand old CREED/DM/EGO/ETEK etc, if you worried about your colour in the woods try get a green/black/camo gun.

frenchy2475

I have quit...
Jun 17, 2009
Wiltshire
Basically for a starter gun the reason why every one say Ego or Etek is the reliability/performance and if any thing should go wrong you have Planet Eclipse who are based in Manchester are help you out. There customer support is excellent.

The proto guns are good when they are working. They need more care and attention and I wouldn't say they are as well made as PE guns.

BaconDude

Rawr.
Dec 3, 2010
High Wycombe
Tournie guns are fine in woodsball as well. My Ego 10 does fine at least!

Advantage to Eclipse is they're not known for failing... and they're dead easy to maintain.

And as for Bricket Wood... turn up. Tell Yorkie you're new to tournie ball, and he'll throw you in with a team and they'll show you the ropes. And don't be worried about getting yelled at - no one will expect a beginner to do wonders, and they won't tell you to get lost because you're new and haven't earned your stripes.