Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What should I expect in a real tournament

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
Hi thanks for reading.

I am part of my university team and have been playing for a couple of months now and i have been querying the older more experienced players about what to expect from a proper tournament (how its run, what to do and what not to do etc).

We should be playing a tournament around February time and i am just looking for some advice from the members

cheers

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Don't expect to be a superstar on your first try, you'll probably sh*t yourself when you see what you're up against,

BUT

it will make or break you!! You will go away afterwards either saying it ain't for you or (much more likely!) you'll get the bug and want to get training again within 24 hours :D

Try to enjoy it, wander round and watch other games if you get the chance, try to pick up a few pointers.

Watch your wallet slowly disintegrate thereafter........

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
cheers dusty. The other guys say that its unnerving at the start gate especially as you have never played the other guys before.

Gaz #68

Warped #68
May 14, 2010
Wolverhampton
Don't worry about making a mistake (easier said then done). Your team mates will appreciate your new and cut you some slack so try and relax. My very first game I hardly got into it through fear of letting my team mates down but that was all gone for the second game :)

maca

Gorrilaz
Sep 1, 2009
stratford london
I am not the most experienced player to be advising but at my first tournies a couple of seoasons back i kept getting tunnel vision to one spot or player on the field and not hearing or seeing anything that was going on around me, so try to listen and communicate with your team as much as poss whilst on the field, it makes a whole lot of differance to the outcome of the game.
Most of all try to relax and enjoy mate, good luck for your first tournie.

Reactions: Donk

StubbsPKS

Din Eidyn
Sep 21, 2011
Edinburgh
www.DinEidynPaintball.com
Don't worry about making a mistake (easier said then done). Your team mates will appreciate your new and cut you some slack so try and relax. My very first game I hardly got into it through fear of letting my team mates down but that was all gone for the second game :)
This. Don't worry about screwing up in the game as it will cause you to hesitate, which could cause you to screw up :) Just relax, and take it easy. When you get into your first bunker take a breath,calm down a bit and then start playing.

Communication is key in these events, so even if you don't shoot out a single person, just make sure you're communicating everything possible in a way that your team mates will understand (make sure you and your team are calling all of the bunkers by the same name, etc) and make sure you know what your job is before the break out :p

Thorpe

Lucky 15s
Mar 13, 2010
Make sure you get all your kit sorted and ready to go beforehand. You don't want to turn up with a gun that doesn't work or waste games because of a loader with flat batteries.

Best way to enjoy your first tournament is play with a bunch of guys that know what they are doing. Let them show you the ropes, you're best of relaxing and looking forward to it. Theres no pressure on you in your first tournament, just take it all in and enjoy it.

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
I am on te uni 2nd team and none of us have played one before... Lol. The 1st team will be there but we might not be in the same staging area. In hoping nothing major comes up and ruins it.