Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

what the

Munky

Better Things 2 Do!
like dis

Originally posted by big man
hi

go to forum home and now click on announcements and queries now you have got all of the thread's and stuff look under the address bar
mmmm if you mean something like this

http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6785

where it has all the numbers + stuff?

Basically the forum uses Visual basic scripting in the form of PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) which probably stores all the posts in a database format (because it uses less space to store data in a text format than a html format) what those numbers do are tell the display page where to draw its data from

i.e. this bit forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=3 tells it to draw from forumid3 which is Announcements and Queries

once in there is displays the listing of posts each post being given a key id number in the database so

showthread.php?s=&threadid=6785 means show thread with key id 6785 (this thread)

etc. etc. etc.

I hope that is what you were asking :confused: but that is a rough description of how that works, but I don't know that much about php cause I mainly work with asp (active server pages) , if not it gave me something to do in work :D

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Bah, PHP, Perl and MySql are the only things you will ever need for a website, as well as flash :D

Oh, and i will teach you any of those 3 as well :)

-Philip