Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What to do with a CNC machine.... Ideas pls

Bertz

instagram above
Nov 26, 2014
coventry
I work for a engineering firm where I write program's using edgecam ,but I use and prefer oneCNC
Using CNC 3axis vertical milling machines , also use turning to but not so much now but have friends who can turn parts down if need be both on manual or cnc's.

Used to run dual spindle /turret Turning machines at my old place that also use live tooling , these would have been ideal for turning stuff down plus able to mill and add pockets etc .

So my question is if you had availability to machines what or where would you start.
Always stuck for ideas , I use materials from mild steel , aluminium & nylon.

Sometimes Your limited by holding the part in a vice or clamps so it's not always straight forward. Do have a magnetic table but isn't set up yet , this would be ideal for smaller parts.

One idea for instance is that I recently purchased a ccm t2 pump and it weighs in at 2kg minus barrel ,
now I could mill out the frame with small pockets to reduce weight obviously this would be internally and I'm unsure on how much dead space but it's just an idea.
But looking at their own fb page and the parts they produce ,shouldn't be hard to do things myself similar.

Sorry for the long post just wondered what I could do given the availability to these machines .
Time wise it not like I'm free on them all the time but I do have pockets of time I can.

Thanks

Last edited:

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
Depends if your wanting to make profit or not.

By that I mean making small runs of things for the likes of cockers, will not make you alot of money, and of course being a small run will make the part expensive.

I would like a few things made, but being bits that probably only I want would make it to expensive to do.

Bertz

instagram above
Nov 26, 2014
coventry
Depends if your wanting to make profit or not.

By that I mean making small runs of things for the likes of cockers, will not make you alot of money, and of course being a small run will make the part expensive.

I would like a few things made, but being bits that probably only I want would make it to expensive to do.
Not really out to make money as such but obviously it would be time consuming.
I guess someone could find a single part that would sell to a few people and just churn out that and nothing else.

renie

Mar 2, 2008
Been doing it for years mate and theres no money in small stuff as its not cost efficient :(
you get more interest in the states for custom stuff but with import and export and exchange rates it just doesn't work out well

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
Please make a copy of the trinity feedneck that clamps over the existing feedneck on cockers.

Can find a million threaded ones but these are proper rocking horse.
Again please

tricky m

Feb 17, 2010
leeds
If you fancy playing with a cnc and a lathe i've got an nxt body and bolt guide that needs a diet.