Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What to do with my A5

Dec 3, 2012
Good Morning All
I've just started paintball and i have a A5 and i was wondering what to do with it, do i sell it or do i convert it to magfed and do it up. I also have at the minute 2 x tpx's but one of them is going to my son. I'm a bit short cash at the minute has i've just booked for citadel and cophill down so Ive just been looking 2nd hand.
Any idea's, many thanks.

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
I wouldnt spend any money converting or upgrading an A5, they are an out dated design and will never shoot anywhere near as good as a modern poppit or spool marker, no matter how much you spend.....

deffos cheaper to sell your a5 and buy something thats already mag fed, hammer 7 etc, i honestly dont see the point in magfed tho, when i can hold more paint in my hopper than you can in 15 mags. but each to there own i suppose.

My first marker was a heavily mod'd A5 by the way, spent a fortune on the thing, heavy, air hungry, loud, immobile thing, tourney markers are the way forward, whether you play sup air or woodsball/scenario.

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
and a lad who comes down our local site, converted his phenom to mag fed and ive not seen it working right yet, chopping balls ni on every shot, no matter how he tinkers with it

Dec 3, 2012
thanks for your reply, i do like the idea of mags i played at Staargate earlier this year and enjoyed it. it's just another different way to play. the magfed markers can be a tad expensive. i just want inexpensive way of playing.

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
Good Morning All
I've just started paintball and i have a A5 and i was wondering what to do with it, do i sell it or do i convert it to magfed and do it up. I also have at the minute 2 x tpx's but one of them is going to my son. I'm a bit short cash at the minute has i've just booked for citadel and cophill down so Ive just been looking 2nd hand.
Any idea's, many thanks.
I dissagree with above.. I have close links with magfedpbuk, and have tried almost every ,agree marker on sale in the uk.. If you have the tacamo kit fitted to your a5 correctly then it will work without problem.... Its only when there not put on exactly right that they muck up... And being realisitic you will only get around 100 for an a5.. That would get u a hammer 7... But thats a pump and not a semi automatic like your a5..

If money is tight i would keep your a5 and save up to buy a hammer 7... They are only 100 new.. Then in the future if you enjoy magfed save up for a proper magfed

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
I have a few tourney markers and an A5. The A5 never lets me down. Wish I could say the same for my electronic markers!
I completly agree.. A5s are bomb proof and great little markers. Despite owning a dye dam and 12 other markers the a5 is still my favourite!

Scotti002

Feb 12, 2014
Hammer 7's are incredibly good and accurate even as stock, I'd thoroughly recommend it.

The alternative, as you already have a tpx, is to sell your A5, pick up a cheap 98 and wait for the official mod that uses the tpx mags you already have, further saving you money (y)