Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What to do?

Rhysjack

Jan 30, 2013
Wales
Hi

Im trying my best to get into paintball!

Ive only played the once but i am keen to play regularly! As it stands there dosent seem o be too much of a paintball scene down here in west wales at the moment!

But! Luckily for me while traveling in America i was lucky enuf to meet a fine young lady from Epsom in surrey!
she is about to move down to live with me but is like very likely to want to go home every now and again to visit family!
So this provides me with an interesting opportunity! It means that i can travel down to surrey once a month or so and ill possibly have time to play paintball at local sites in surrey.

Ive seen on their web site that campaign have walkons once a month. But the trouble is i dont ave my own gear!

Ive bought my self a second hand Vforce Grill but am reluctant to spend too much more money until i have played a little more!

so the point is.................

What should i do?

I want to play more and will almost certainly be going on own as none of my friends seem to want to come out and play!
so are walkons seem to be the best option?
should i go out and buy a marker?
are there other sites near by that will allow me to turn up on my own without my own gear?

Any help or advice yu can give me will be most appreciated!

Tanks

Rhys

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Good call on the goggles, that's the correct order of priority.
Also don't nuy a marker yet, most walkons will hire out gear (probably around £5)
Turning up alone is also no issue - make new paintball mates

There is paintball in Wales, but I don't know details of where they are.
There is the Shoreline site in Aberystwyth, which will be nearer then Surrey, but you don't get a duak purpose journey

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
yep for now try and get in touch with people on here that are near you and figure out where the best sites around you are. Walkons are always going to be the cheaper option, so go give it a bash and just rent the kit as you need. build up slowly and if you are on a budget don't try and buy everything at once, spend some good money on one bit of kit at a time until you have everything you need and the end result will be kit that you will be happy to keep for years to come. as opposed to trying to buy everything for £150 and being fed up with it 6 months later.

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
You are hooked & you have not yet played a "sup air" tourney... Dude you are going to need a new pair of pants when you do :eek:

Rhysjack

Jan 30, 2013
Wales
Hey thanks guys! Im due to play again in may when my mate is visiting from Holland! but that is sooooo long to wait. That shore line place looks pretty amazing! but i have no excuse make my way up there! ha Was just reading a campaign post on another forum and they were talking as if a walk on day could cost around £60. Is that correct?
Also was wondering if there are other sites around that area that may do walkons? that would give me a few options for when i travel down to surrey with regards to dates and what not!

Thanks again!

Rhys

Rhysjack

Jan 30, 2013
Wales
Also that sup air seems pretty cool! It seems to be more of a tactical competitive sort of game! i do love the thought of crawling through the woods tho!

Is there a cross between the two at all?

Cheers

Rhys