Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What to do?

Jontain

Nov 15, 2006
Cambs
Hey guys,

I have only had paintball stuff for a short time, i love everything paintball and ive gone a few times but only once with my own kit.

At the moment ive started out with a tippmann (dont hate me lol) and im enjoying it, already starting to add a few little things here and there etc.

Though the thing is compaired to other sports etc that i do i cant get to do paintball nearly as often which is frustrating because of how much i enjoy it. So i was just looking for tips etc of how to go about paintball... Where are the best places, is there any other way than going to a place that supplys the equipment and paying for the overpriced paint?

All info is welcome, i live near cambridge and i would love to eventaully get on to sup' air feilds and tournaments etc. but i just dont know how to get there from where i am now?

thanks guys

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
start going to walkons, paint is cheap there. 25-30quid for a cheap ish box of paint and £40 for a more expenisve one - thats 2000 balls.

then ask around for teams and info etc then get yourself down there one time

perhaps change from you tipmann when you start doing that but i dunno about that dont hold me to it!

Matty Parker

Funded by the government
Feb 19, 2006
Kent
Visit site
I would be careful about jumping straight into tourne in order to get paintball cheaper, personally I love sup air, but its still expensive, the paints cheaper, but the fees are higher, travel etc. Its a shame really, but short of becoming the Ollie Lang of the 21st century, paintball is just an expensive sport, the only thing you can do is try and make it as cheap as you can. :p
Yeah, walk-ons are probably the way to go, maybe play at a site with a speedball/sup air field and have a few games on it (thats how I started.)

Jontain

Nov 15, 2006
Cambs
Thanks guys, funding it isnt really a big problem, its just paintball isnt like most sports in that alot of places run it with the idea of people using equipment of theres but are there not places which are just for people with their own stuff etc?

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
ask your local site about walkons - chances are they will do them - quite a few do nowadays i believe.

JAYDB

www.northernquarterpb.com
Dec 9, 2005
manchester,
Northern Quarter

welcome to these forums and the whole world of paintball, where are you based, in manchester there is a training site called the Northern Quarter we hold newbie days at least once a month, to help new players coming into the sport( sup air ) it is 15 pounds green fee and 25 upwards for a box of paint, any questions just PM me or add me or mail me on barlow959@msn.com

hope this helps ;)

Jontain

Nov 15, 2006
Cambs
That sounds awesome man only i live near cambridge which is north of london, bit far. Thanks for the info though:D