Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

what to get next?

abateman1972

May 11, 2013
I have to disagree here!..

In the 7 years ive been playing one of my best investments was a planet eclipse kit bag. You'll find that average sports bags just aren't large enough for all the kit you'll come to acquire, on top of this all the kit weighs a fair bit, and the average sports bag is not made to hold such weights. I broke about 3 bags over the time before i got my eclipse bag, since i picked it up 2 years ago its never given me issues, it holds everything i need and is well built enough to be able to withstand the weights its carrying and the kit. Also don't forget the fact it has a sturdy construction on the wheels and handle so it can be easily transported about, again, the average kit bag is just not built to the same standard.

Just my opinion though :)
never though about it that way, good point

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
agree with Tricky on the points about kit bags. Yes it can seem like an excessive amount of money for 'just a bag' but the reality is, these things are designed specifically for paintball. They often have a lot more places to store things, including pockets made for specific bits of kit like barrels, socks, documents guns etc. so everything very organised and you can find it exactly where you need it. With a big sports holdall you will find you end up just having to rummage through everything until you find what you need, and and it also means things like barrels rolling around with dirty trousers etc which will scratch things up and get dirt inside hoppers/guns/barrels and causing them to shoot rubbish! On top of that they usually have a semi rigid construction which offers better protection for your gear (nobody likes a squashed mask) and they will take the punishment, and are easy to transport as Tricky said. even subtle features like the newer eclipse bags having waterproof lining to stop the mud/paint sticking and staining is what makes these bags worth it.

yes of course we can all get by with just using a backpack and wearing all our gear to the field but when it comes to traveling and such, these bags save a lot of effort.

abateman1972

May 11, 2013
agree with Tricky on the points about kit bags. Yes it can seem like an excessive amount of money for 'just a bag' but the reality is, these things are designed specifically for paintball. They often have a lot more places to store things, including pockets made for specific bits of kit like barrels, socks, documents guns etc. so everything very organised and you can find it exactly where you need it. With a big sports holdall you will find you end up just having to rummage through everything until you find what you need, and and it also means things like barrels rolling around with dirty trousers etc which will scratch things up and get dirt inside hoppers/guns/barrels and causing them to shoot rubbish! On top of that they usually have a semi rigid construction which offers better protection for your gear (nobody likes a squashed mask) and they will take the punishment, and are easy to transport as Tricky said. even subtle features like the newer eclipse bags having waterproof lining to stop the mud/paint sticking and staining is what makes these bags worth it.

yes of course we can all get by with just using a backpack and wearing all our gear to the field but when it comes to traveling and such, these bags save a lot of effort.
ye, i see what you mean, i'll probably invest in one, sorry if i sounded a bit harsh or rude earlier when i was replying to him, i didn't really know much about them

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
ye, i see what you mean, i'll probably invest in one, sorry if i sounded a bit harsh or rude earlier when i was replying to him, i didn't really know much about them
Not at all dude, the whole thing with buying paintball kit is just buy what you need. If you are only travelling to your local field with minimum gear then its no big issue. For me personally, when you are travelling to events and have to pack gear, plus tools, plus some clothes, plus other random cr@p then its handy to have some organised space in a purpose built gear bag :)

abateman1972

May 11, 2013
Not at all dude, the whole thing with buying paintball kit is just buy what you need. If you are only travelling to your local field with minimum gear then its no big issue. For me personally, when you are travelling to events and have to pack gear, plus tools, plus some clothes, plus other random cr@p then its handy to have some organised space in a purpose built gear bag :)
ye, i see what you mean, thanks for the help, probably will invest in one now

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
You're sorted (or already getting) the essentials
Goggles, gun, air, hopper, pods, pod pack

Squeegees let you clean up a barrel break
Paintballs are something you need when playing
(Personally I would generally advise to buy paint on the day from the site so that it is fresh, and you're supporting the site)
As you have paint make sure you are allowed to use it, eg at a walkon or event with BYO)

You will need to maintain the marker. So get lube and consider some orings/a part set
Carry spare batteries for the marker & hopper and the tools it requires plus a copy of the manual. As a minimum you need a chrono tool & something to get at the battery. So that means hex keys & screwdrivers

A handheld chrono is handy to have. Essential if you do home testing (do make sure you comply with the law)
And it's useful to have your own chrono at a site so that you can self chrono and tweak before queuing)

For a gear bag you just need something that can carry your gear. When you are playing seriously and acquiring gear then think about a dedicated gear bag. A paintball gear bag has compartments designed for paintball gear such as goggle areas, dirty boot area etc
A general purpose sports bag tends to have end compartments, possibly side pockets and a main area
Other sports also have compartmentalised bags which may or may not be suitable
As with any branded items part of the price is the name

What we have not established is your prefered flavour of paintball
There are many kinds:
http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/what-paintball-costs.153010/

Now just play your preferred style
You need to wear appropriate clothing and to have clean clothes to go home
Any comfy clothes will do. Add some form of scarf for neck/Adams apple protection
Fingerless gloves for hand protection
Knee & elbow pads if you are considering crawling or diving

A bin bag will give you something to put dirty gear in

Decent footwear for the site conditions with ankle support

abateman1972

May 11, 2013
You're sorted (or already getting) the essentials
Goggles, gun, air, hopper, pods, pod pack

Squeegees let you clean up a barrel break
Paintballs are something you need when playing
(Personally I would generally advise to buy paint on the day from the site so that it is fresh, and you're supporting the site)
As you have paint make sure you are allowed to use it, eg at a walkon or event with BYO)

You will need to maintain the marker. So get lube and consider some orings/a part set
Carry spare batteries for the marker & hopper and the tools it requires plus a copy of the manual. As a minimum you need a chrono tool & something to get at the battery. So that means hex keys & screwdrivers

A handheld chrono is handy to have. Essential if you do home testing (do make sure you comply with the law)
And it's useful to have your own chrono at a site so that you can self chrono and tweak before queuing)

For a gear bag you just need something that can carry your gear. When you are playing seriously and acquiring gear then think about a dedicated gear bag. A paintball gear bag has compartments designed for paintball gear such as goggle areas, dirty boot area etc
A general purpose sports bag tends to have end compartments, possibly side pockets and a main area
Other sports also have compartmentalised bags which may or may not be suitable
As with any branded items part of the price is the name

What we have not established is your prefered flavour of paintball
There are many kinds:
http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/what-paintball-costs.153010/

Now just play your preferred style
You need to wear appropriate clothing and to have clean clothes to go home
Any comfy clothes will do. Add some form of scarf for neck/Adams apple protection
Fingerless gloves for hand protection
Knee & elbow pads if you are considering crawling or diving

A bin bag will give you something to put dirty gear in

Decent footwear for the site conditions with ankle support

thanks, ive got everything apart from a chrono, gear bag,pants and jersey and cleat, although i will be getting cleats and pants soon and chrono and gear bag in the next 2-4 months, thanks for that, amazing help, really cleared things up

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
chrono really is an optional extra, but is great for testing the gun at home to make sure you aren't having to fix it at the field. its an expensive investment and would be the last thing to get, but a worthwhile investment nonetheless.