Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What to upgrade?

jyo guyz!

i just got a Spyder Compact Deluxe Java Edition..... its my first gun... so i was wondering what some of the more experienced players would think about upgrades. (btw... i live in canada so my money is worth a jack and....ehehehe u know)

heres the website of teh place where i bought it from... its also in the same building as the indoor field i play is. http://www.badlandspaintball.com/page guns/guns spyder.html (second gun from top)

i was thinking that i should buy one of those expansion chamber things. So i can have a handle where the vertical Co2 feed thing is... and the bottle coming from under the handle. Also.. i want to get a barrel... i heard that the Freak Jr. from smart parts is good, and it comes in sizes from 12" to 18".

Also, since my paint feed thing is on teh right side.. and teh gun comes with a raised site rail, so i was thinking i should get the ADCO Hotshot....

tell me what u guys think!
thanks,

limitdliability

aaaa...no!
Apr 16, 2002
WI
Visit site
i agree with most of onion's ideas. are u tight on money at all? do u really think that ull buy all the inserts for the freak junior? if u pretty much stick to only one brand of paint all the time then u might consider a different, less expensive barrel. the Custom Products one-peice is a good barrel(and only costs 40USD bux). also, if u dont shoot .693 size paint u would need to spend another 20USD on the right sized insert. just trying to help you save alittle, this way u would have more money to get a much needed nitro system(will greatly increase performance). but if money is no problem or u just really what the freak junior, go for it. good luck

:D :cool:

Thanks ALOT for the advice!, as far as cash goes, im not going to be buying everything at the same time so ill be able to save up a good amount and mabey borrow some from my parents =D... but yea, i dont want to spends TOO much on any one thing (so i can get the other stuff:D )

I was wondering though, since im such a newb:eek: what is a nitro system:confused: ??¿¿¿??, and i think onion mentionied something about a revo?? revolution? thats a hopper right?

also, if i get the nitro system, will i still use Co2 or Compressed air?:confused:
ehhehe, sorry if im boring you with all my newbie questions :p , but thanks alot for the advice :)

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
Originally posted by Teflonbilly
:D :cool:

I was wondering though, since im such a newb:eek: what is a nitro system:confused: ??¿¿¿??, and i think onion mentionied something about a revo?? revolution? thats a hopper right?

also, if i get the nitro system, will i still use Co2 or Compressed air?:confused:
Others can answer the question "what is a nitro system" better than I but it is basically a higher pressure air or nitrogen system than CO2 without the freeze up option that we all know and Love
The differance between Nitrogen and compressed air is fewer impurities that can corrode the inside of the air tank.
As far as Revo is conserned yes it is the hopper and the Revo is much cheaper than the Ricochet or Halo
and last but not least some Air systems will allow the use of CO2 but i don't know which ones they are, that Onion chappie will be able to help their.
Enjoy
L8rz

jeevusmaximus

Jan 12, 2002
Teflon

The revvy (I suggest the 12v revvy) will fit on any marker. As your marker is right feed, as long as you have an elbow, any hopper will fit.

As for nitro or air system, the main advantages are you wont experience any spikes in velocity (good for tournies) and like John mentioned, you wont get any freeze ups which can be a bitch.