Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

what to use to cut the gills off the grillz

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
Knife.

A sharp blade such as a craft knife or stanley or something.

I wouldn't recommend cutting them because it makes them illegal and if you don't wear a hat like he has, half of your ear is then exposed.

crillz

Aug 13, 2007
London
im ok with exposing my ears as i wore e-vents that did this.

illegal as in all uk tournaments; ie UKM and the Milleniums Series???

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
im ok with exposing my ears as i wore e-vents that did this.

illegal as in all uk tournaments; ie UKM and the Milleniums Series???
dude, i know what you mean about e-vent's, but they just show the bottom of your ear, if you do this, it shows your ear hole! not nice to get shot in there.

i'd leave them be mate, or cut them less

-james

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
Yup James is right.

I was trying to find the pic that showed it clearly on merv.tv - I think it was a guy from menace that did it (dont hold me to it), but his pics dont appear to be working.

Its illegal as in, any modification that makes them different to how they were manufactured. Its illegal in all tournaments but it depends on the tournament as to how strict they are about these things. Even cutting the chin guard off a flex is actually illegal but hey..., Technically so is cutting the forehead protector off a flex 8.

vforce realised people were doing this and on the newer grillz they have indented that bit, i.e. there is a step in, if you get what i mean, it means that the section you want to cut off is still there to protect your ears however the main shape (the bit that you want) stands out.