Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What to wear for reball?

lulemurfan

Mar 7, 2016
Glasgow
Hey Guys, Not really sure if this is a stupid question or not, but do should you wear to play reball? Paintball trousers/jersey or just hoodie/trackies? Thanks in advance.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
How big is the field? Ours is pretty small, so lots of up close and personal shots. Which can sting a bit with reball. I usually wear normal playing gear, jersey and pants. You'd be fine with either of your options though.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Obligatory Mankini post!

Seriously though, your regular (cleaned) paintball kit, footwear suitable for the surface i.e. not soccer boots/cleats on a hard floor! And dial your velocity down to 250fps or less!

You can always put a hoody on under your jersey if you feel the need for extra padding, but as reballs don't break, you need to feel the impact in order to be able to call yourself out!

nick "the shadow cat"

Illegitimi non carborundum
Jun 23, 2014
When i started out i was the same. I didn't want to look like a speedball player in the woods and nor did i want to look like an over weight rambo in full camoflage gear. I found a lot of peole wearing old army tousers and hoodies which is not a bad combo. Needles to say never wear anything you wouldn't be happy having a mud bath in. if you plan on playing a lot of woods ball i would recommend a decent set of boots to support your ankles. And one really good piece of advice i got on here was don't wear jeans because the absord paint like no ones business(y)

lulemurfan

Mar 7, 2016
Glasgow
Cheers for that I have no idea on the size has I've never been. I'll take my awfully bright uni jersey and trousers and have them with me I think. Oneasilverbike I think that will make a big first time impression I wouldn't shake!!!!

Andrew Anderson

Mar 15, 2016
Aberdeen
Like Spikerz said, it does depend a bit on how big the field you're playing on is. We used to play in a medium sized gym hall, most of us normally just wore jeans and a hoodie.
Sure it can sting a bit, but it's not really that bad.

chester

Jun 11, 2013
depends how high your pain tolerance is, jeans and hoodie are good enough but adding a bit off padding isnt a bad idea