Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What to wear?

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by le-pig

yep,a bit like wearing t-shirts and putting vasaline on your arms :)o :eek: ) not really sporting:D
firstly the vaseline helps bounces, not sure how but it does, but much more importantly, it means if you coat yourself in vaseline before a tourney game, you can slide into your sup air bunkers from bout 30m away and slide safely into it!!!!!!!!:D :D :D not a chance of being shot!!!:D :D

seriously though, playing at tourneys you are allowed to wear a jersey..like DYE...and a tshirt underneath, thats all. so everyone is kinda on a level playing field so to speak when it comes to bounces.......er....unless you are fat!!!:p :p

sam

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Xenos
Doesn't wearing extra layers to get more bounces count as cheating? It's certainly not playing in the spirit of the game is it? shame on you:p
Yes, morally it IS cheating, & in tournament play you can be asked to remove "inappropriate" layers. However, in this case Joff was talking about the sweatshirt INSTEAD of a playing jersey.

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
Originally posted by sjt19

firstly the vaseline helps bounces, not sure how but it does, but much more importantly, it means if you coat yourself in vaseline before a tourney game, you can slide into your sup air bunkers from bout 30m away and slide safely into it!!!!!!!!:D :D :D not a chance of being shot!!!:D :D

seriously though, playing at tourneys you are allowed to wear a jersey..like DYE...and a tshirt underneath, thats all. so everyone is kinda on a level playing field so to speak when it comes to bounces.......er....unless you are fat!!!:p :p

sam
i do have feelings you know:(

:D

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Does anyone know???

All those experienced ones out there??? - relevant question.....

Are we allowed to wear anything like the Honey-combed chest and shoulder protects as used by Rugger-buggers???

I'm kinda thinking NOT, cos they could have a higher change to produces bouncers, but thought I'd ask as hitting Astro chest and torso first (ala Lasoya, "Hey all the ladies get necked and look at me!!!!!!", damn and I'm better looking!!!!!!) is knocking the sh*t out of me!!!. I mean on the break at Campaign some of the fronts are gonna be moveing at about 20 km/h, and taking at dive at that speed especially on Astro, can be fairly dangerous - cracked and bruised ribs etc.

OK maybe I'm now being a major Pussy, prepare to get flamed........

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
AFAIK, no padding except that listed in the rules (e.g. knee/shin 7 ebow pads, chest protectors for women, boxes etc for men).
They are even getting very strict on oversized clothing these days. It's not actually possible to get a playing jersey that fits Gillie of the Chicks (especially not Diablo, which comes in "massive", "even bigger", & "too big even for an oversized back player" sizes), and some marshalls at CC made her tape the jersey to reduce the bagginess.
You may get away with the chest protectors out there as worn by some female players, but it would be at a massive cost to your reputation 7 credibility as a player!:D

er so wearing xtra layers is against the spirit of the game. well I tell you what I aint wearing one of those paintball junkies shirts on thier own. I brought a blue razor one and its like a bloody string vest. It definatly requires the wearing of a t'shirt underneath:D :D

Joff

Web Monkey
Oct 28, 2002
UK
Visit site
With all the extra padding, you also lose some of the "feel" of the game.

When you take a hit, it's reassuringly nice (??) to feel it - otherwise you might as well just play laser tag or hide and seek.

Oh and Liz, what about those gents amongst us with "man boobs"? :D (I can talk..:rolleyes: )

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
Errr.... like Joff I also wear a long-sleeved rugby-style top (just that, no other tshirt or jersey over or under) but to be honest, it isn't the bounce factor I was concerned about, it's the PAIN!!! :D

It isn't particularly baggy, and not that thick, but it's warm and covers my arms... which still hurt like a b******d when I get shot... I'm not sure I like the idea of just a t-shirt and one of those string-vest jerseys... :eek: If I bought one, does that mean I'm no longer allowed to wear my other top?