Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What would you do if a team mate is shot?

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
With a 141 rule in place. its crazy not to point out he's hit else there is every chance you'll go too. Such a good rule change, since the early days of paintball.

When my team started playing in the early nineties (with splats @ 10p per ball) we all took the opinion that if the other player was willing to spend his money on trying to hit me and I did not take the hit, then how could I expect him to do the same. A bit naïve, but a philosophy we stood by and it gained us much respect from fellow HCL teams, and an award for cleanest team a couple of times. Other teams might not of taken such a line, but that's why the rules changed and 141 became the norm.

Now days it seems the rules are so heavily loaded against playing on (which I feel is good - but possibly extreme) that if you are caught heavy penalties will be thrown at you. Just ask Impact who lost the 5 man world cup final due to major penalties. I watched it happen. The guy did not cheat, just did not see/take the hit quick enough in an obvious place. 2 mins in the box - that's all X-factor needed.

So take your hits as you would expect yours to be taken, else when you get to the pro ball world cup you'll get hammered. All joking aside, our sport is based upon a level of trust right from the every first game you play. As a former site operator I often made it plainly obvious cheating wasted their money and was a respect issue amongst themselves as the site got paid even if the ball broke or not, even more so with woodsball hide and seek type games that first timers played in those days.

So keep the trust, point out hits and enjoy your games knowing you play a clean game.

Just my 2p's worth.

Niloc65
Aka Colin
Split Personalities.

Bondage Bunny

Matt D
Sep 18, 2013
Stafford, UK
Every time I have played if I see a teammate take a clean hit I would tell them and expect them to leave. I have had it the opposite way before when playing with a rec player I asked him if I was hit and he says yeah on your chest just wipe it off. I just ignored him and warned him not to cheat as I walked off.

As a Marshal for Woodsball it is impossible to see every single shot so help from players is always appreciated :)

DJLane

May 8, 2013
UK
Tell them to walk - not worth the agro. Getting hit on the hopper/pack is understandable if they cant feel it, but blatant cheating is worthless and I have to say ive only really experienced it in woodsball due to size of field/lack of refs. That said, having learnt from a few bad experiences of people deciding they weren't out - opening up on them so they really know they acknowledge they have been hit seems to do the trick. They WANT to get off the field.