The Home Of European Paintball

whats a timmy?

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Originally posted by joeyarmstrong
actually,can someone explain to me why some people think timmies are jumped up spyders?
i dont give a sh*t what ur mate thinks or did, but i mean from a technical point of view??

very curious about this little subject as timmies dont come cheap
THe "Jumped up Spyder thing come from the very first Timmy's - they used modified Spyder bodies and the build quality was inconsistent, so all the haters started focusing on the Spyder thing instead of getting a life :D

Haters = yawn.

joeyarmstrong

http://pages.***digy.net/
Apr 21, 2003
birmingham
p8ntonline.co.uk
Mr pink. have you been using ions all season??
what div do you play in?
i dont know if uve seen my thread on classfields.
do you mind me picking ur brain on a a certain subject?

cheers.

sorry this thread sounds alittle strange.

davejeff66

I hate paintball.
Apr 20, 2004
Prison
nothing.

although they look pretty cool.

and apparently each one is unique as it is hand milled.

and they go pretty quick.

but they break down a lot so I hear.

But don't quote me.

Because the closest i've got is firing a broken one with no paint in it.

davejeff66

I hate paintball.
Apr 20, 2004
Prison
i'm not sure where i read it, but i'm sure i did. or i may have been having a daydream at work. does anyone know? (about the milling, not my daydream)

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Whoever told you that was just wrong.

Timmies are cut on a CNC from extrusions, except for Dragons, which are cut from billet aluminum. This makes them infitesimally better, if you squint a little.

They are good because they are simple, reliable, and sort of solid. They have less reciprocating mass than a Spyder, although they are laid out about the same. They are autococker barrel threaded, so everyone already has barrels for them. They have always used break-beam eyes, and those have always worked pretty well.

The problems with them is that tolerances in the older ones were not as strict as one might wish, and they have suffered from quality control issues on occasion. They rattle when you shake them and feel cheap, but once they are gassed up and ready to play with, they straight rip.