Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Whats happened to the UK tourney scene?

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Would I also be wrong to suggest that many site owners cant really be bothered with the walk on player due to financial reasons preferring guests who hire equipment, pay inflated prices and never come back?
In my opinion, part of the reason for a decline in UK paintball is your thinking above. FisZ covered a lot of it already, but let me ask you this - I don't know what you're doing for a living, perhaps you're at school or Uni, but for the purposes of my point I'm going to say that you're a postman, and that you like your job.

Theoretically, if someone came to you and told you that 'for the good of the mail' you need to take a pay cut, and deliver your mail between 8pm and 3am, you wouldn't be too pleased, would you?

If the field operators want to run their business efficiently, and properly, and enjoy their jobs, they need to deal with the general public, and offer them great value, for a fun day out. Thats typically what they do, and as a result they feed their families, pay their staff, and enjoy their lives.

Surely the problem is not that business owners want to run their businesses efficiently (otherwise that would apply everywhere). The problem is that you (using 'you' as an example), want them to cater to your needs, and earn less money, for the good of 'your' game.
Perhaps if you were offering a way for the business owner to make comparable money, he would cater to you. But you don't. You want him to do it for next to nothing, or you'll accuse him of 'inflating' prices. What's more, if he were to do it, I've got $1000 that says you go 3 times, take umbridge at something else (toilets, parking, reffing, whatever), and don't go back again. WTF, you'll probably come on here and try to make sure no-one else goes there either.

I can't stand whingers, and yes, to answer your question above, you would be wrong.

timmyh007

I think we need a bigger boat
Aug 25, 2008
Bath
Missy Q

1 . I am not a postman but I do work for a living

2. I have had to take a considerable wage cut int he last year

3. I want more people to play paintball and also want site owners to survive and thrive and perhaps lure guests into thinking about regular play and possibly air ball to help support the tournament scene.

4. I am not a whinger .....just making a point which has obvioulsy upset you for which I apologise

5. WTF makes you think I will come on here and put people off playing??????

At least you have answered my question for which I thank you

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Missy Q

1 . I am not a postman but I do work for a living

2. I have had to take a considerable wage cut int he last year

3. I want more people to play paintball and also want site owners to survive and thrive and perhaps lure guests into thinking about regular play and possibly air ball to help support the tournament scene.

4. I am not a whinger .....just making a point which has obvioulsy upset you for which I apologise

5. WTF makes you think I will come on here and put people off playing??????

At least you have answered my question for which I thank you
You've not upset me, and I was trying to generalise as much as possible and not make it a personal attack, it's just that your 'slant' on the 'problem' and the 'solution' are purely subjective, and in my opinion, would have the opposite effect to the one you are looking for.

fatie

Banned
Nov 28, 2002
[QUOTE

All our young aspiring players should look towards Nexus and at least respect what they have achieved, and then, if you really love this game, try to emulate what the likes of Tommy Pemberton, Leigh Digard, Dunny, Clint Moore and Jason Wheeler have all done to get where they are.

[/QUOTE]

hear robbo dont the rest of the team deserve respect , or is it just the ones u like??

gambo47

Jun 20, 2007
scotland
www.youtube.com
supair fields

Dave Elliott invested a fortune in a supair field up here (Wildwoodz) cause he loves the sport... he has run the SPPS and the Scottish open on it and all the players and teams that have been created have all come from woodsball into supair after trying it out on his field. The cost of the bunkers, netting and refs on an ongoing basis makes this an expensive outlay.
No business can afford in this day and age to run big events at a loss and keep it going. It needs support from suppliers,players and site owners. I hope the Federation and the likes of Robbo,Andy etc all get their just rewards when UK paintballing picks up as without their efforts the number of supair fields will never grow.:)
I am grateful to all those involved even though I have never had the pleasure of meeting them. (Dave's warned me about that;)) LOL.

would I be wrong to ask how many sites that offer walk on days have sup air fields. Certainly in the South West I can only think of one. Do you think the addition of an air ball field at a walk on day would introduce more players to this format therefore encouraging more to consider a competitive slant on their game. I know I definitley would. ?? Would I also be wrong to suggest that many site owners cant really be bothered with the walk on player due to financial reasons preferring guests who hire equipment, pay inflated prices and never come back?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
hear robbo dont the rest of the team deserve respect , or is it just the ones u like??

hear robbo????
The word you were striving to use is 'Here' ......
The first word of your post doesn't inspire me to believe the rest of your post was gonna be an intellectual jewel but I read on....

And then, I see you haven't been able to master quoting correctly which is possibly a link to being able to determine how bright you are ....... I think I'm probably dealing with a halfwit but hey, I'll soldier on but I'm well aware of why you are asking the question.

Some of those people you mention, I have never even heard of, others are not really on my Christmas list and so if I don't wanna mention them, then I won't .... and nor will you ....that's why I edited your post.

Anything else you wanna say?

fatie

Banned
Nov 28, 2002
who of them haven't you heard of ??

this just shows to me how much you know about the british paintball scene, maybe you should have a look in x-paint this month so you can see who does play on the best team in england.

and deleting it just coz you dont like or dont know who they are is a joke.

p.s i know u know who they are

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
who of them haven't you heard of ??

this just shows to me how much you know about the british paintball scene, maybe you should have a look in x-paint this month so you can see who does play on the best team in england.

and deleting it just coz you dont like or dont know who they are is a joke.

p.s i know u know who they are
If you'd like to fill me in on your paintball cv then maybe I'll try and work out just how seriously to take your post, cos at the moment things ain't looking too good.

Just one more thing, if I say something on this site, then it's always truthful and if I say I don't know one of the names you mention, then that means, I don't know one of the names, got it? or do you need me to break that down even more simply for you?

And as for accusing me of not knowing enough about the UK Paintball scene, would you like to to tell me your uk paintball qualifications please?

gambo47

Jun 20, 2007
scotland
www.youtube.com
I won't take Robbo's fun out of answering back fatie, but I hope you stay on here long enough to read through Robbo's threads on Tournament paintbal etc to know where he comes from...
I think you ought to apologise to Robbo and grovel..as you came across rather negatively and that's putting it lightly!