The Home Of European Paintball

whats the difference

Aten-Re

P8baller Uk (Halo2)
Nov 21, 2003
manchester
Visit site
Question guys and girls: whats the difference between:
rec ball and campaign, and if any of you hail from the North West, what are the best places to go down for these. Got my own kit, all I need is a place that supply's air, wouldnt mind introducting some of my mates to it, obviously they would have to hire kit..... any suggestions on places to go??

Cheers in advance

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
Originally posted by Aten-Re
Question guys and girls: whats the difference between:
rec ball and campaign, and if any of you hail from the North West, what are the best places to go down for these. Got my own kit, all I need is a place that supply's air, wouldnt mind introducting some of my mates to it, obviously they would have to hire kit..... any suggestions on places to go??

Cheers in advance
Do you mean Rec-ball and Tourney-ball?

Campaign is a site down south, owned by Niall Squires, who also runs Campaign Cup - the finale to the Millennium Series.

Campaign the site has a combination of Rec-ball, Speed-ball and Sup-air (those big inflatable bunkers you see in PGI and other mags).

Rec ball is the traditional woodland or scenario based paintball - villages, rivers, forts, that kind of thing.

Speedball is played on a "concept" field, generally made of barrels, tubing or tyres.

Tournament games are played on lovely flat pitches with symmetrical (usually) bunker arrangements, and once you try it, you won't look back! :D:D:D

Campaign Cup is the ultimate event in British Paintball - imagine playing tourney-ball in a huge athletics stadium! (altho next year it might not be...:()

Aten-Re

P8baller Uk (Halo2)
Nov 21, 2003
manchester
Visit site
info

Thanks for that (clears things up nicely) I am trying to find a place that will let me play with my own kit, bring my mates down so needs to hire kit too and that is based around Manchester and the North West... just getting into balling and have spent a bit on a marker, now just need to find a place to play

Thanks again

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
Aha, what you're after is a "walk-on" day.

Many sites will allow you to bring your own kit and just pay for paint - there are loads of people from your neck of the woods on this board so someone should be able to point you in the right direction.

The only thing I'd say is that if you bring your mates down and everybody else is using much better equipment than they are, then they might get put off... either that or they'll vow revenge and go straight out and get "blinged" up! :D:D:D

evilmoo

We are based in the north west (well we are if you understand the country doesnt end at Manchester)
we are in carlisle, and are currently looking for members and we praccy at our local site in a little village called Rockliffe ^^
if your intesrested in coming and playing with us sometime, just PM meh ;)

Booti

suicide blonde comin thru
Aug 18, 2003
Manchester
nice to hear from someone in the manchester area again

your looking for sites, heres a few to try

outdoor
www.ontheedgeevents.com
this is an outdoor site based down near congleton
excellent site, great laugh, air, CO2 and well priced paint available
walkons and rentals welcome
advanced booking in is required
next event is set for 25th January, but ring to confirm

indoor
www.sadams-bunker.com
indoor site in ashton
walkon night is tuesday, you will have to ring to see if rentals are allowed
air, CO2 and cheap paint available
not sure what they are open over christmas

as for tourney play....i am looking into that at the moment. I have heard of an event in the manchester area called somanc village. if i hear anymore i'll let you know

pm me your location if you want, might be able to sort out some transport for congleton if you are interested

based in north manchester