Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Whats the differnece between 9" & 20" barrel...

sniperlee

my balls your chin
Feb 25, 2008
erm 11", lol, i use a 16" barrel cos it seems to balance the marker a bit better not noticed any power increase but a good barrel will be more accurate, never tried a 20" barrel tho, maybe a bit much, cant go wrong with a 12,14,or 16" barrel. (in my humble opinion) hope it helps

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
If you chrono your marker at 300fps with a 12" barrel then move to an identical bore size barrel which is 16" long, your velocity will drop. So a longer barrel will require more air to maintain the same velocity as a shorter barrel.

The main thing that impacts accuracy is the paint to barrel match rather than the length however I think most people agree that the sweet spot for barrel length is 12" or 14". Shorter barrels do seem to impact accuracy, while there's no noticeable benefit from going to longer lengths.

Longer barrels will be heavier and more unwieldy.

phoenix pete

paintballing karteka
Jan 12, 2008
loads of things change how well a barrel works, effective barrel length, porting, bore match. basicly anything over (in my humble opinion) 14/16 inch is too much and pointless, you basicly want around 10/12 inch effective length depending on range your looking at.

for a better reasoning may i point you towards web dog radio, i found the stuff he says are a good source of info
http://webdog.specialopspaintball.com/video/tipclip/p3.html

MorphMann

Fb UK Big Games
Jun 5, 2012
Kettering, Northants
Just found this thread whilst wondering what size to bring my 98 custom barrel upto as it only has the 8.5" standard.

I think it should be 12" then.

How I love using the search function rather than starting a new thread.......

;)