The Home Of European Paintball

What's your opinion on Iraq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Re:

Originally posted by Justin Owen
>>>> Personally I do feel a bit apprehensive about attacking Iraq. No matter how you put it, they are their own country, and we have nothing to say about them. On the other hand, I would feel a sense of relief if Saddam would catch a Paveway smartbomb in his morning cereal.<<<<

No one wants to take the country from "them." The only issue here is dealing with a very real THREAT. Because nukes are involved, the other cheek simply can NOT be turned.

>>>> One of the reasons that is given for attacking Iraq is a bit hypocritical in my world. They have a weapon of mass destruction programme. Hmmm. So does the US. What gives NATO the right to decide which country is allowed nukes, and which one isn't? Don't give me that BS about 'their intention to use it, and their support of terrorist cells', because then the next country onto the flamegrill would be Pakistan, which, oddly enough, is now considered an ally. Let's face it, our only justification is that we are scared ****less of old moustache man. Works for me, but stop beating around the bush with rethoric.<<<<

It's not hypocritical in my world, and what your "scared ****less of the moustache man" comment hits the nail on the head. We're scared of him BECAUSE of the threat he represents. NATO's not trying, nor have they ever tried, to "decide which country is allowed nukes." In Iraq's case, it's about denying them specifically to one man who officials feel would be a serious and legitimate threat to current lack of nuclear mushroom clouds should he aquire a nuke.

As for Pakistan, they are now considered an ally because of their actions...while it's Saddam's actions which have brought this upon him.

>>>> In the early 80's we all thought that Iraq was a great place. Why? Simple, they fought against that 'cesspool of evil', Iran. So we gave them money, the French went over to build hangars, the Germans showed them how to build bunkers, and so on. But in the meantime they were working on a nuclear programme. Israel was worried sick about that (and for good reason), so decided to launch an airstrike against the Iraqi facilities. And knocked the Iraqi nuclear programme out. Ten years of work down the drain. At the time the whole world was shouting boo and hiss at Israel. I guess 20 years onwards we might want to send them some flowers with a 'sorry' note attached.<<<<

Yes, you're right. At that time we were still largely ignorant about Saddam and his methodology.

>>>> We live in a strange world. There is no good and evil. There is only evil, and really really evil. <<<<

I strongly, strongly disagree.

Lotsa love,
~J~
I think you guys get the feeling I might be against any action against Iraq. I'm not. It's just that a lot of the rethoric around it makes me go hmmmm.
Lotsa love in return...;)

headrock6

Bloody Yanks!!
Jun 5, 2002
Strong Island
Visit site
Re: Re:

Originally posted by Buddha 3

I think you guys get the feeling I might be against any action against Iraq.
Lotsa love in return...;)
Damnit..Theres goes my theory right out the window

Ive been picturing you sitting by the comp in a nicely pressed Iraqi military uniform and reading Modern Iraqi Warfare for Dummies :D

Thanks 4 clearing that up!!

Mark/Static

Re:

Originally posted by Justin Owen
In Iraq's case, it's about denying them specifically to one man who officials feel would be a serious and legitimate threat to current lack of nuclear mushroom clouds should he aquire a nuke.
That reminds me (not personally) of the time that we blockaded an island 90 miles South of my home state, because someone allowed another maniac to have nukes too. And as I recall the world didn't believe we had the right to do it then, either. As former Soviet soldiers have recently disclosed, that "bearded" man wanted to push the button almost immediately. We kept nukes out of a maniacs hands back then, and god willing will do it again, and I'm agnostic.

headrock6

Bloody Yanks!!
Jun 5, 2002
Strong Island
Visit site
Re: Re:

Originally posted by Mark/Static

That reminds me (not personally) of the time that we blockaded an island 90 miles South of my home state, because someone allowed another maniac to have nukes too. And as I recall the world didn't believe we had the right to do it then, either. As former Soviet soldiers have recently disclosed, that "bearded" man wanted to push the button almost immediately. We kept nukes out of a maniacs hands back then, and god willing will do it again, and I'm agnostic.
The only problem I see with the whole Cuban thing is that we've done such a wonderful job at containing Castro that it seems people think that it will work for every insane dictator..Contain and hope 4 the best...

And terrorists think they have it bad...Try feeling my misery every Sunday when the NY Jets suck @ss week,after week,after week and complimenting that with a Giants win..Should have had a tiny nuke to just eradicate my house yesterday..

OH THE HUMANITY

;)

Mark/Static

Re: Re: Re:

Originally posted by headrock6

The only problem I see with the whole Cuban thing is that we've done such a wonderful job at containing Castro that it seems people think that it will work for every insane dictator..Contain and hope 4 the best...

And terrorists think they have it bad...Try feeling my misery every Sunday when the NY Jets suck @ss week,after week,after week and complimenting that with a Giants win..Should have had a tiny nuke to just eradicate my house yesterday..

OH THE HUMANITY

;)
Could be worse. You could've been a Michigan fan, right Baca? :D

Big_Mac

Preserved for posterity
Aug 27, 2002
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
Visit site
I spent my time in the US Marines and I now have children in the Armed Forces. I'm in no hurry to see them in a real shooting war... but when you draw a line in the sand (how appropriate) and someone crosses it...

glad the stupidity about GW's quest for love and the ridiculous presumption that this is all oil driven is over.

Damn Michigan... did it have to be to Notre Dame!

(yes I read ALL of this post)

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
Baby Bush wants a war and Saddam is an easy target. lets face it Bush junior was made to look very foolish indeed by a few Arabs and now he has something to prove. Afghanistan was a waste of time with no real gains made. So now he wants a clear win. It just sickens me that he thinks he can do what he wants coz he is president of the USA. Talking about "going in" even if the Un and Nato doesnt sanction it is madness. I heard some guys talking about pre emtive strikes. Does that mean the USA can attack anyone they see as a threat? If Bush wants to have a little war then by all means go ahead but dont try to drag others into it. Coz lets face it, it will be british troops on the ground not yanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.