Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Wheelchair/Disabled paintball

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Anyone have any ideas on how to play the snake whilst chair bound?
This isn't intended to be derogatory I simply don't know as I've never had dealings with wheelchairs.

Can smaller wheels be fitted? Are the wheels in any way "hot swappable" if that makes sense?

How about a rule where anyone chair bound can start from their primary bunker but must wait for a second whistle before firing?

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
some chair do have changeable wheels, depends on the chairs ec, generally though the smaller rear wheels mean you carnt wheel yourself around so that would need a no2 player.i did wonder if maybe the snake bunkers could be doubled up to give more height?

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
My plan is to ideally put together a disabled players team, and/or league or even to just get the game disability friendly.. im not saying its discriminating at the moment but a few tweaks could be made to make allowances for certain needs etc. Also I would like to see players with disabilities getting a fair shot in the "big leagues" too. based on the players skills and enthusiasms etc rather than their needs!
Rat, Would this be aimed at wheelchair users, or would players with other disabilities qualify? Also are we talking about purely physical (limb or motive) disabilities, or will others like partial sight or deafness be considered? The paralympics grades athletes depending on type or degree of disability, so people of matched ability are competing against one another.

I worked as a volunteer within NABD (disabled bikers charity) for 6 years, and several of the guys had the power trike adaption for wheelchairs. With the right tyres fitted they are awesome off road, but the downside is the cost £2500-3000

http://www.epc-wheelchairs.co.uk/products/15/viper-power-trike-wheelchair-attachment---from-andpound-2800-00.htm

Sounds like a great idea and I wish you luck getting it started. I'm a below knee amputee but normally play with/against able bodied paintballers, however you have my full support for this project.

Reactions: Bolter

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
Hi Gee, the aim of the team is all welcome not just wheelchair users, .... thanks for the links, i will have a butchers

leachy

Dec 1, 2005
Tamworth
Bit of help

I spoke to Ged Green and Kerry Atkin at NPF today and Ged said he would love to help you with this and they think it's a great idea. If you come up with a possible event give Ged or Kerry a ring 0121 327 3961.

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
thanks again so much leachy and everyone for the support shown, time to plan the next steps methinks.