Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

When is "too much?"

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
what he said! since the focus of airsoft is realism over competition then it is what you make of it. i don't see the harm in getting 'in the zone' as it were but when it gets to the point of people carrying the massive combat knives, medals etc. i think that's when it needs toned down. that sort of thing all comes down to personal opinion. personally airsoft to me is for the boys and girls who played soldiers as kids and didn't want to stop! as someone else mentioned it is also an outlet for those who cannot join the army under normal circumstances but everyone values different things so i say let it be. except when people start believing themselves to be real soldiers and what have you!

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
if thats what they want to do then let them be.

why do alot of fisherman wear camo it makes no difference!
in case it interests you i also thought this but an ex colleague was really into his fishing and said that believe it or not the fish can see and hear you as well, hence why they wear camo and sneak about the riverbeds!

just a little background information for ya :D

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
in case it interests you i also thought this but an ex colleague was really into his fishing and said that believe it or not the fish can see and hear you as well, hence why they wear camo and sneak about the riverbeds!

i also am an avid fisherman spending a good few days of the month fishing, i say thats complete b******s. it can neither be proved as we are not fish and you go to alot of lakes and rivers and will catch at your feet, if fish could see then they would wonder what the hell that 14metres of carbon fibre is getting shipped out every couple of minutes. i have had many 100lb+ bags fishing within a metre of a purpose built platform in plain site, the camo design clothing is worn mainly by these fisherman who fish for a few days at a time with bivvies and rod pods, they launch their rig out a good 60 metres, now how the hell is a fish gonna see them from 60m out. its a load of old todge.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot

If the fish can see you, which I don't dispute, then wearing camo makes no sense. Just look at the angles at which fish would be looking at you (up), you are outlined against the sky. So wearing dark cammies only makes you stand out more. So all that stuff they tell ya is just a load of crap. They wear it because wearing camo is fashionable in outdoor pursuits, no other reason. Just look at many hunters. They wear camo, with a hi-vis vest on top, so as not to get shot by their peers. So the camo is totally pointless.

Reactions: no-infernomark

uk gaz

PLATINUM MEMBER, IN THE REAR WITH THE GEAR
Mar 15, 2007
Southampton
Airsofters

Love this thread, so hey my five eggs, 50 so am wise old owl or out of touch.

As long as boxing is legal ballers and airsofters need not worry, hell even rugby is pretty rough peeps have died, but not as rough as a “sealed knot” pike scrimmage wow watch your knuckles broken bones a regular [but unlike Rugby no deaths].they play with guns also and real gunpowder……wow.

All this is tribal whether a fisherman or a baller, follow the crowd, hell we buy hoppers at 33 bps when were capped at 10 or is that 10.8 or is that 12 whatever, it’s all peer pressure or our market induced pressure.

GOTTA FIT IN period, some of us were Punk rockers not to bring down society but liked the threads and the qudos [there’s the baller in me]

Airsofters it is MODERN war re-enactment [please tell me what paintball in the woods is in a gillie suit], leave em to it, just fun, medals etc etc why not and honestly do you think these guys believe they are soldiers, most definitely no! Unless they are mentally challenged. [is that the correct term]
Professional soldiers taking offence….er don’t think so. They sign up for what they do [choice], we respect em for it, some peeps don’t [ choice], and others do what they do [choice].

I believe tourni ball to be real sport not re=enactment but the drives are the same, kill or be killed its all a bit primeval stuff but as a TV spectacle it cant and will never work I find it boring and have tried so hard, but playing is great fun ohhhps there’s that word again.

Answer to thread…..leave airsofters alone can’t see the attraction, they are nought to do with paintball, leave woods ballers alone also however I can deffo see the attraction [is it cos paintballs can make you jump a bit] but still have to wear my tourni threads when I play cos look ubber cool.

As for fisherman if I was a tench or pike, well better caught by the cool guy in the camo threads than the guy in the hoodie on the nick without a license [fish have a choice too]

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I knew a bunch of airsofters. Mostly Dad's with their kids. They had a command structure, and everyone was extremely respectful of each other. The kids said "please and thankyou", "Sir and Ma'am", and strived to be 'officer-like', as this is in keeping with the culture of their game. They do use the honor system, and for the most part, they adhere to it. I was always struck by how well they treated each-other, and how polite everyone was to me. They try to wear the exact gear from the soldier they represent. Some say that's wierd. I say it represents discipline and attention to detail.

Now look at Paintball Kids.

Now imagine your son just got a bad report card at school, and you're going to spend some time with him at either Paintball events or airsoft events, to 'bond', and get the kid some excitement and exercise, while keeping him on track.

Then there's the COD aspect. Airsoft allows it's players to get to a far closer representation of the COD/BF soldier the kids (and adults) are familiar with. They can create a real version of their virtual warrior. This gives them a huge edge over paintball, that, and the fact that it's cheaper to play airsoft in the long run.

Airsoft is poised to overtake paintball, and if you look at Paintball stores in the US, many are starting to carry airsoft as an additional revenue stream. Tom Cole left Kingman to join Palco, and is busy introducing every poaintball store he can to their line of product. Also, margins are higher in airsoft (it's better business) and no-one wants sponsorship/hand-outs.

All in all, as opposed to knocking Airsoft and thinking they are the wierd ones, we should be kacking our collective pants that this is what we all could be playing in the none-too-distant future.
Airsoft has legs. Paintball is on it's knees.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Love this thread, so hey my five eggs, 50 so am wise old owl or out of touch.

As long as boxing is legal ballers and airsofters need not worry, hell even rugby is pretty rough peeps have died, but not as rough as a “sealed knot” pike scrimmage wow watch your knuckles broken bones a regular [but unlike Rugby no deaths].they play with guns also and real gunpowder……wow.

All this is tribal whether a fisherman or a baller, follow the crowd, hell we buy hoppers at 33 bps when were capped at 10 or is that 10.8 or is that 12 whatever, it’s all peer pressure or our market induced pressure.

GOTTA FIT IN period, some of us were Punk rockers not to bring down society but liked the threads and the qudos [there’s the baller in me]

Airsofters it is MODERN war re-enactment [please tell me what paintball in the woods is in a gillie suit], leave em to it, just fun, medals etc etc why not and honestly do you think these guys believe they are soldiers, most definitely no! Unless they are mentally challenged. [is that the correct term]
Professional soldiers taking offence….er don’t think so. They sign up for what they do [choice], we respect em for it, some peeps don’t [ choice], and others do what they do [choice].

I believe tourni ball to be real sport not re=enactment but the drives are the same, kill or be killed its all a bit primeval stuff but as a TV spectacle it cant and will never work I find it boring and have tried so hard, but playing is great fun ohhhps there’s that word again.

Answer to thread…..leave airsofters alone can’t see the attraction, they are nought to do with paintball, leave woods ballers alone also however I can deffo see the attraction [is it cos paintballs can make you jump a bit] but still have to wear my tourni threads when I play cos look ubber cool.

As for fisherman if I was a tench or pike, well better caught by the cool guy in the camo threads than the guy in the hoodie on the nick without a license [fish have a choice too]

....whatever you're on, I want some! ...

uk gaz

PLATINUM MEMBER, IN THE REAR WITH THE GEAR
Mar 15, 2007
Southampton
Airsofters

Touch of heartburn couldnt sleep, knee playing up so went on the forum errrr reading it back its not that good, but drifted off thereafter.:):)never a good idea to write stuff when you should be in REM mode.