Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

When is "too much?"

Bullseye

Non-linear
Feb 25, 2011
Derby
or indeed our own rec/scenario guys elect to do what they do as an indulgence and most definitely NOT a sport ..... it's more akin to medieval war reenactments
I disagree with this. I play woodsball for the competition, beating the other team is a must and losing sucks. I used to wear camo because a. It was cheap, got a whole kit out for £20 and b. It does kinda work in the woods (though now gone for black).

I prefer playing games that when your hit your out rather than spawning as it adds more intensity and competition to the game. Also playing in a bigger area allows for more variety of situations.

I agree though that tourney can be classed as a sport where as woodsball can not but I do not play woodsball to reenact platoon or something... Can't speak for everybody mind

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
True (nice bullseye reference by the way :D), but surly it's still a game rather than an indulgence

If one accepts the premise that the rec/scenario guys like dressing up and playing at being a soldier then you bet your ass it's an indulgence; if you don't accept it then it's a game.
I suppose it's what your experience has been in terms of knowing why the majority play rec/scenario.

uk gaz

PLATINUM MEMBER, IN THE REAR WITH THE GEAR
Mar 15, 2007
Southampton
Airsofters

Emmm Indulgence some of em and yes to some a game,,,we are all a mix of stuff and so be it.
Professional soldier taking offence, I don’t think so, if so a type that used to take a pop at the TA after all are they not airsofters up a level…. and they get to use real bullets too.
TA now home in body bags so whole new world.
Whether you play at soldiers as we all have and perhaps for some never grow out of, nobody honestly glorifies war anymore, the best form of complement is impersonation I say leave em to it.
Nothing to do with the sport that is tourni paintball, keep wearing pink and purple barrels guys and human rights guys cant touch us.
Sorry Robbo knee paying up again.

Is there an airsofter who can come in to this pit and explain.

uk gaz

Mar 15, 2007
Southampton
Airsofters

Or a guy in a gillie suit with medals that happens to use a marker rather than an electro M16:)

uk gaz

Mar 15, 2007
Southampton
OH just want to add I believe tournament paintball to be a SPORT pure and simple, nothing to do with Gillie suit ballers or airsofters BUT it is boring as hell to watch in any format [ only to ballers] hell we have synchronised swimming, cross country skiing thingy and yes Beach Volley ball, give me a break, tell me what is the attraction in that, I never watch the ball either, but somehow the mac brigade deem it a sport.

Oh for those interested the Olympics beach volley ball is held at Horse Parade LONDON 2012. Hell so important the queen’s parade can’t march.

Posting to yourself is first stage of madness

magicmonkey

Life Begins In 10 Seconds
Jun 4, 2006
Lichfield
profile.myspace.com
airsoft is great because you CAN look the part. id take airsoft over senario paintball any day. they use vehicles with mounted light machine guns, abseil down buildings and plenty of other mad ****. i have my own assault rifle and side arm, though i have only used them once properly. but that doesnt mean i dont use them to shoot my mates up :D

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
our own rec/scenario guys elect to do what they do as an indulgence and most definitely NOT a sport ..... it's more akin to medieval war reenactments as shown above.
I'd agree that rec/scenario play isn't a sport, however I certainly wouldn't class it as any kind of reenactment. I've chosen to play some scenario stuff recently in order to get away from the need to 'win' anything and have a nice relaxing day in the woods shooting people in the face.

I do wear camo to play, simply because it makes hiding easier and Tiger Stripe is sexy, not in an effort to emulate some 'Nam-era special forces dude. I just wander around with some mates, shoot lots of paint and then head to the safe zone for a cup of tea and a chat. No military tactics for me :) (actually, that sounds exactly the same as how we play sup air....)

That said, there are some people who take the games very seriously, which is fine - as long as they don't expect everyone to.

Airsoft seems to appeal primarily to those with an interest in replicating modern combat scenarios and equipment, which isn't really my bag at all. I'd never want to 'look the part' as in appear to be a soldier - I prefer to appear to be exactly what I am.....an idiot who likes shooting friends for fun.....and I like to think I've succeeded. ;)

Reactions: uk gaz