Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

When to load?

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
When you watch a paintball video you often see the pros bump up to their next bunker and then reload before continuing to play. Is there a reason for this such as when they see the op to move they go and when they arrive and reload gives them a chance to assess enemy positions? Was just thinking that it could be beneficial to load, move and shoot rather than seeing to opertunity but loading.

Any comments from you learned individuals?

Feck, just realised i posted this in tech room rather than technique. Any mods in a good mood and willing to move it without calling me an idiot?

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
ah - didn't quite get where you were coming from before.

The reason i do it that way is because i'll go running and gunning into my next bunker and once im in there its safe to reload. If no-one saw you get in its a nice way to have a look and set yourself up mentally.

Currently im working on doing it whilst running and gunning.

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
Because they have seen their window of opportunity to go, so they go.
If they didn't go, that window may not open again.

One problem with reloading when you get there is if the opposition counteracts it and you get mugged and dont have a chance to even shoot at the mugger and maybe have him taken out too.
on the other hand, you may have a **** load of paint coming at you now you're in a more advanced position up the field and reloading will take more time and so more paint from them, hopefully during which your team will see this and take advantage.

Best thing to do would probably be to make sure that your hopper is never completely empty and you can shoot if you have to, while potting up.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
as mario said its probably because they have emptied their loader on the way there....or have waited until they are in a 'safe' spot to reload.

also its not unknown for front players to break out without any paint in their loader....this is because it is not uncommon to break a ball in their whilst making a mad dive into a snake or similar bunker...so they will load up when they are in safe