Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Where’s the love for the UKPSF?

Darkpud

It’s better burn out, than to fade away
Aug 11, 2021
Cheshire
Hey, I just paid a 5 year membership for UKPSF, (because that’s what you do, right?) have I been had? Because I just went on the website and there’s only 1164 player members! What’s up with that?

Obviously, I’ve been out of the game for a long time, wasn’t really in the game to start with, just mooched about doing a bit of woodsball back in the mid naughties, so please… be gentle.

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
Hey, I just paid a 5 year membership for UKPSF, (because that’s what you do, right?) have I been had? Because I just went on the website and there’s only 1164 player members! What’s up with that?

Obviously, I’ve been out of the game for a long time, wasn’t really in the game to start with, just mooched about doing a bit of woodsball back in the mid naughties, so please… be gentle.
APATHY APATHY APATHY

There has been drives in recent months for people to just get the membership but there is still the questions being raised of whats in it for me.

For £3 a year you cant expect alot.

Covid showed how important it is - it provided valuable information and fought for us to be able to play, a tangible thing we saw because Airsoft couldnt operate when we could.

Reactions: Tom

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site

That's the most members there's ever been, if you consider there's probably less than 3 thousand active own equipment players in the UK at any one time it's not bad.

Reactions: Tom

Darkpud

Aug 11, 2021
Cheshire
James ECI, I’m all about unions babe so card me up. The fist only has power when the fingers come together. What does ECI stand for?

Bod (love the name by the way) - sweet mother of Joseph only 3k personal gun owners! I’m gonna quote that to eclipse when I buy my new marker, hopefully they’ll give me a discount, but they probably can’t afford to with those numbers!

This is the mantra I live by:

“All right, pump those numbers up, those are rookie numbers in this racket. I myself, I jerk off at least... twice a day.” Mark Hanna, The Wolf of Wall Street

It has served me well.

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
James ECI, I’m all about unions babe so card me up. The fist only has power when the fingers come together. What does ECI stand for?

Bod (love the name by the way) - sweet mother of Joseph only 3k personal gun owners! I’m gonna quote that to eclipse when I buy my new marker, hopefully they’ll give me a discount, but they probably can’t afford to with those numbers!

This is the mantra I live by:

“All right, pump those numbers up, those are rookie numbers in this racket. I myself, I jerk off at least... twice a day.” Mark Hanna, The Wolf of Wall Street

It has served me well.
ECI is my current team - check out ECI Veterans on Facebook

Wanna know more about me? https://open.spotify.com/show/5anYItkXbHBkI33FU6wE7W?si=mcPP4fXqSrCpY3aXBEYWPA&dl_branch=1&fbclid=IwAR2Is7f_25jCV9VRlsRVd9e4sMEjI6V-g1ToeNs83fhb0wtnYPLG5pimc84&nd=1

Darkpud

Aug 11, 2021
Cheshire
Will do thanks, looks like perfect armchair by the fire fodda, and now Love Island is back on, I need this sort of distraction more than ever. But where did I put my pipe and my silk dressing gown. #winteriscoming

Reactions: James ECI

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
and that's probably being optimistic, that figure came from a few of the industry and retail bigwigs including Steve Bull sat round a table having a beer together at an event when i asked the question, and if you think about it, it's probably right, how many players does the largest event in the UK get, it's probably warped's NvS and i don't know their claimed numbers but i doubt it's not exceeded 1500 players (i was never convinced it reached the 1000 players it claimed to be when i played it, but the event did get bigger after i stopped going) of course not every player goes there but i'd say it's not far off. We also came to the conclusion that the average lifespan of an own equipment player was 3 to 4 years from the time they decide to but their own gear to the time they announce they're quitting and selling it, of course there many players who've been in the game a lot longer but everyone of those players can probably think of dozens of players that just came and went, tournament burn out contributes a lot to that, people fall out about sponsorship and then "politics" of the game.

Darkpud

Aug 11, 2021
Cheshire
and that's probably being optimistic, that figure came from a few of the industry and retail bigwigs including Steve Bull sat round a table having a beer together at an event when i asked the question, and if you think about it, it's probably right, how many players does the largest event in the UK get, it's probably warped's NvS and i don't know their claimed numbers but i doubt it's not exceeded 1500 players (i was never convinced it reached the 1000 players it claimed to be when i played it, but the event did get bigger after i stopped going) of course not every player goes there but i'd say it's not far off. We also came to the conclusion that the average lifespan of an own equipment player was 3 to 4 years from the time they decide to but their own gear to the time they announce they're quitting and selling it, of course there many players who've been in the game a lot longer but everyone of those players can probably think of dozens of players that just came and went, tournament burn out contributes a lot to that, people fall out about sponsorship and then "politics" of the game.
Bod, it doesn’t make sense to me. I got given a PS4 by a mate last year around the Chrismas lockdown and I’ve been playing Battlefield 5 with my nephew and I was like this does not compare to paintball! The only reason I stop going was that my mates stopped and I started a family. But now they are like starting to getting on with there own **** I thought hmm maybe I shud get back into going. So in summary it’s awesome and the people who disagree are Plebs! I know it difficult but maybe these bigwigs sitting there in their... In their corporation buildings, and, and, and see that, they're all corporationy, need to start getting there heads around making things more accessible. Like - I’m off for a pint and light sum mofos up, be back in a couple of hours.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Bod, it doesn’t make sense to me. I got given a PS4 by a mate last year around the Chrismas lockdown and I’ve been playing Battlefield 5 with my nephew and I was like this does not compare to paintball! The only reason I stop going was that my mates stopped and I started a family. But now they are like starting to getting on with there own **** I thought hmm maybe I shud get back into going. So in summary it’s awesome and the people who disagree are Plebs! I know it difficult but maybe these bigwigs sitting there in their... In their corporation buildings, and, and, and see that, they're all corporationy, need to start getting there heads around making things more accessible. Like - I’m off for a pint and light sum mofos up, be back in a couple of hours.
they weren't corporate bigwigs, they were site owner and retail shop owner bigwigs at an event having a beer or two with the players, if the people in the retail part of the industry don't know what's going on then no one does, they know how much stuff they sell and who's buying it.