Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Where do i start ?

Rusta

Apr 21, 2014
Hi All,
Where do I start on what Marker to get ?
I know how to play ! I played tournament years ago with a Blow back, Now im back I have a temperamental Diadem and access to a E-Tex but to be completely honest I have no idea about markers I just love playing!
Don't get me wrong I love the gun's but where does a man like me start looing (The prettiest one) ?
Ill start this off with ive got my eye one a Dye Reflex, my budget is around £400
Please someone help me......

Pingu

Aug 17, 2013
Leicester
Welcome back to the sport!
You are opening a can of worms asking what is the best as it is really down to opinions and budgets ;)

But remember. Step one is always a good mask. If you can't see then you can't kill :D. I4, vio & proflex are some of the choices. All depends on what you find comfortable and like the look of.

Buying new is great for warrenty but it is always said to buy second hand for your first marker. You tend to get more for your money and it has been broken in by the previous owner unless it has sat on a shelf or left in the bag as a back up (which isn't a bad thing as technically still new)

I own the Proto reflex rail (2013 PGA model) which is the same as the dye reflex that you are looking at but they rebranded the name for the new 2014 models. It is a great gun but is more air hungry and not as advanced as the more expensive markers like the DM series or the Planet eclipse markers like the Geos & LVs which are both fantastic markers also. (They eat batteries too - the reflex's that is).

Your best option when looking at what to buy is to have a play with a few different types of marker. We can rave at you all day praising each marker to you but if you don't like holding it or don't get on with it for another reason then it is money down the drain. Try to get to a paintball site or shop near you and see if you can look at the different markers on sale and handle them to see what you think. Some players will also let you take at look at their gear or test it out. We love to do show and tells with our shiny toys!

You can always buy and sell as you try each type or hoard them. Whichever is a preference. I have found that paintballing is taking up more space monthly, it now owns two cupboards and two holdalls. This includes 3 markers, 4 masks, 2 carbon air tanks, 15 pods, etc etc. the list goes on. Be prepared to become a kit magpie!

Hope this helps and feel free to fire away with questions etc.

Last edited:

Pingu

Aug 17, 2013
Leicester
:D thanks !
I'm glad that my waffling is useful to others!
I've had loads of help from. Vet ballers so I like to pass on that help

Rusta

Apr 21, 2014
Cheers Pingu !
Yeah I think your right the last marker I owned and called my baby was a JT 6 back in 2003/4 when Angles were the dogs...
But to be honest I used to send Angles walking with my £140 JT lol....
Im really considering the Reflex but being advised to hold on for the moment by others.
I've got my Diadem working today (Bolt upside down doh!!...... proper school boy)
So I think im gonna sit tight and walk the fields talking to other players for a couple of tourney's

Cheers for your response and advice.

Reactions: Pingu

uk gaz

PLATINUM MEMBER, IN THE REAR WITH THE GEAR
Mar 15, 2007
Southampton
Angels not Angles Rusta, and yes its 20% 80% kit to player ratio, hell you play so far up the field you could throw paint at them and get results, you've got a great marker in the EXCTY at a great price;) next year it will be a back up and something shinny from a sponsor will replace I am sure