Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Where do people stand on Paintball Bounce Vests?

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I wouldn't walk on a field without mine, too many people dislike me for that. I wear a size too big in the chest protector so it doesn't hinder my movements or choke the life out of me either.

The only other pads I wear are slide shorts and forearm/elbows. Don't bother with knee/shin guards.

NotScottyG

Feb 1, 2015
Aberdeen, Scotland
I have one and I'll use it for walkons cuz I know I'll get hit a lot but on a normal day I tend to just stick to elbow pads and trousers for sliding but I don't complain about poeple I just the vest restrictive

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
I wouldn't worry too much about cheating with chest protectors. Unless you have a duvet under your jersey, they're not exactly a game-changer.

If you want to learn how to cheat properly, search youtube for Markus Nielsen playing with Arsenal. Now there was a guy who didn't believe in shooting lanes to win a game.

TNT_UK

TNT_UK
Apr 18, 2015
i have the Ultimate Force chest Protector (see like below). how is this different a bounce vest? or is it a cheap bounce vest and i didn't know it
The words Bounce Vest and Chest Protectors in my view are used interchangeably. A true Chest protector is designed to protect you from the impact of paintballs, but these tend to be made from hard materials like the NXE Chest Protectors which is made from hard plastic. You will feel the paintball impact, but you won't get any bruises. The downside is that the paintball is almost certain to burst on impact.

Bounce Vests are there to promote the "bounce" of the paintball, so you get hit, and the paintball bounces, and does not burst keeping you in the game. The Dye Chest Protector is a good example of a true "Bounce Vest" (IMO). So you will definitely feel the paintball impact, and you will likely still carry a bruise (but much reduced), but you are still in the game.

The Ultimate Force Chest Protector and the Empire THT Grind and Battle tested chest protectors are again in my opinion "hybrids" they have foam padding designed to spread the impact of a paintball (reduce the chance of a bruise), and promote the "bounce" of the paintball keeping you in the game. The foam is not as soft as that in the Dye so the chances of the paintball "bursting" on you is greater, but you benefit from slightly greater protection.

Hustle Paintball did a good Chest Protector video on You Tube, where they shot one of there team at close range with paintballs, while wearing different Chest Protectors, and bounce vests. It is a couple of years old but still fun to watch. The person who was shot at close range even let them film his chest with the bruises he received from each bounce vest with a pain rating, to allow you to make a better buying decision.

Reactions: vDubLeics

Jordon Towns

FULL KIT FOR SALE
May 24, 2015
Wirral
Had and used a Dye bounce vest now for a year or so, doesn't reduce the pain very much but rather the bounce chance. Have had a lot of bounces due to the bests gel / spongey nature. Recommend if you got the extra cash

Niall Burgess

Feb 21, 2014
Wouldn't personally wear one, i love the feel of paintballs bruising me and its always cool to show off the bruises to my family and friends. I will wear elbow pads, knee pads and ankle support but that's only to stop spraining and grazing.

Pillage and Plunder
Jun 14, 2011
Bognor Regis
may sound like a stupid question but i will ask it anyway....

i have the Ultimate Force chest Protector (see like below). how is this different a bounce vest? or is it a cheap bounce vest and i didn't know it

UF Chest Protector - http://www.bzpaintball.co.uk/uf-chest-protector
That's a lot like the empire BT vest i have, just that one is black, and for the money they are good protection, would buy another in a heart beat if mine every gave up and died