Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Where do YOU lay your hat? (aka which is your favourite bunker?)

jynxfactor

Jan 23, 2002
Anchorage AK
Visit site
At the field I play at we already have a rocket! Same size as a coke (well maby a little thinner) can but with for vert wings on the side, I guess I could be the only one in the states not playing at a getto field but its really not likely. We call them wing nutz because thats there name!

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
But eric... what do you call the tall (coke can sized) rocket shaped things as described by jynx?

Big rockets????:D

Stupid yanks...

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Well....

According to the official Sup'Airball catalogue, the wingnuts are called 'small rocket', a coke can is called 'cilinder', tea bag is a 'pyramid' and a witch's hat is called 'cone'. However, most countries, hell even some teams, have their own slang for these things. Over here we call the wingnut a hondekop, which means dog's head. Hey, they look more like a dog's head than a rocket!

As far as playing them goes, I'm a big guy, but I can still play them. I prefer not too, because I like bunkers I can stand up in, since I play back. But the secret is (as mentioned before) get your knees into the damn thing! Face towards it, sitting on your feet, and you can play both sides of the bunker without changing your position. You might want to tuck your head in if you're tall though...
Often these wingnuts/rockets/hondekoppen are in such a position that they offergreat opportunities for the player/team willing to use them. As far as mugging someone out of them goes, if you got proper support players, it's almost impossible to get blasted out of them! They are quite low, so your back guy should be able to see a mugger running up to you, and he should then be able to give him a dose of that thirteen-a-second-come-and-get-some-I-got-plenty-more-where-that-came-from-in-case-you-are-interested-okay-stick-your-arm-up-and-hand-the-ref-your-armband type stuff.

Joao Duro

Jul 11, 2001
Portugal
Visit site
wow

Originally posted by Buddha 3
.... thirteen-a-second-come-and-get-some-I-got-plenty-more-where-that-came-from-in-case-you-are-interested-okay-stick-your-arm-up-and-hand-the-ref-your-armband type stuff.
And that folks, it's TRUE backplayer speech...:D
U guys make my life sooooooooo miserable:(

Eddepet

Fat *******
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever
Oh yeah, above does not include stuff like rockets, and really big things.....I usually never get to play long enough to get to those!!:D

Solonor

Confused...

Dorito-Satelite(another name for wingnut)
Dorito's so big that you can hide your ass from most players and still find angles to shoot even key bunkers.And if it's on the middle of the field and you make it there from the break you can expect to get bunkered so tell your back or the mid-coverin'ya to spray the hell out of the one side (I prefer the inside cause from the outside he might be a reason to stop the opponent tryin'to bunker you) and you wait from the other(the outter side which is the most likely side to get your ass bunkered).This way you can get some "easy" eliminations from the Dorito's side and guess what you're free to finish a tape move...(only flaw is if the opponents wait you might have 2 players:you and your cover losin'TIME...)
And Satelite for everything Nick said and because in many cases its in Mid-positions coverin'key bunkers (like the dorito on our field)
Also I love the big Rocket cause I get so many times eliminated there that I need to work much on my technique there-and cones cause I don't know much about how to play on'em and they make me playin'really tight.
I like less pepsis(coke cans,we prefer pepsi cause coke's similar to cone;-) They're too nice and on our field too strong,for me to stay for long on'em-and either way we need better players there!!!
Respect

eric

Dedicated Pot Bitch
Aug 23, 2001
US, Ohio
Visit site
That thing Jynx described is a somewhat rare bunker, so it dosent really need its own name. I know what hes talking about, its like a coke can with four pretty huge wings on it all spaced evenly apart around the can.
. /\
<0>
. \/
Like that but the can is bigger than the wings.