Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Where next for the NXL.....

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
A you may already know, the NXL have cancelled their next two US events - Richmond in June, Chicago in September - leaving just the World Cup in November on the calendar.

But with only 1 out of 4 pre-Cup events having been played (Texas was also cancelled), they have come up with the idea of regional "conferences", like the CXBL.

From the NXL Facebook page:-

Introducing the 2020 National Xball League Regional Conference System

As you all unfortunately know, the 2020 NXL season was abruptly interrupted due to the outbreak of the Covid-19 virus. With the cancellation of the Texas Open (May 1-3), Richmond Open (June 26-28) and Chicago Open (September 11-13), we knew an alternate plan was necessary to help keep the season afloat so that we can #PlayPaintball.
Leading up to the World Cup event, we will be replacing our cancelled tournaments with (3) smaller capacity Regional Conference events (Dates TBD) held in California, Texas and the East Coast (Location TBD). These Conferences will feature a group of professional teams competing at each, the teams are as followed :

West :
Los Angeles Ironmen
Edmonton Impact
San Diego Dynasty
Seattle Uprising- Professional Paintball team
Seattle Thunder
Sacramento DMG

South Central :
Houston Heat
San Antonio X-Factor
ac: Dallas
ac: DIESEL
Tampa Bay Damage
MLKings Paintball Team

East :
Russian Legion "official"
Baltimore Revo Paintball Team
Infamous Paintball
New York Xtreme
Columbus LVL
Team NRG Elite - Virginia
San Diego Aftermath
Trademygun Outlaws

Divisional teams will have the ability to compete in ANY Regional Conference event they prefer; if multiple are played, the highest score from will be applied to the team and used for World Cup / Overall Season Ranking.
*More information to come as we have it*
Until then, we appreciate all of your patience and support as we navigate our way through these uncertain times. We can't wait to see all of you!
#PaintballStrong

Last edited:

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I do believe there is talk of 2 events for Europe. *maybe* It's being talked about supposedly, but only if teams agree. Not sure how well that'll go over with teams, but at this point I highly doubt there's any events for Europe.

Reactions: Tony Harrison

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
I do believe there is talk of 2 events for Europe. *maybe* It's being talked about supposedly, but only if teams agree. Not sure how well that'll go over with teams, but at this point I highly doubt there's any events for Europe.
I think you're right.

We're better off just deleting and reinstalling 2020.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
So EPBF posted a photo on their FB profile saying they're putting all Nation events into the Gandia Spain event.

I personally am not sure that'll still happen, hopeful, but I don't think any form of season will be salvaged in Europe.

We're planning on going to the Croatia cup because Mark won't stop saying how greaaaat Croatia is. Although since he's from LA, pretty much everywhere is better :D

Attachments

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
Thanks for that, @Spikerz .

Twice a day I check the FB pages for the US NXL, the Euro NXL, the CPPS, and Ainsley's personal page for news.

HK still seem to be running their NPPL-style 7 man unlimited semi event on 19-21 June, and GoSports will be covering it, along with the Pro Tour 1 on 1 event that weekend.

35 teams have signed up and 12 have paid, so we'll see how that works out. Cutoff date for early payment is tomorrow, then the remaining teams have until 15 June to pay.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
So Spain is 100% on, and within 2 weeks the NXL will announce (hopefully) another event.

NXL UK is CANCELLED. :(

For 2021, there's a 90% chance that there will be an event in Germany. Hopefully Portugal is on there as well, as they tried pretty hard to get an event there this year but it was too late to arrange something.

People said Sweden was too expensive (it's not THAT bad), so NXL won't go to Sweden. Lame.

NXL is going to offer NXL European teams the NXL Europe prices to World Cup. So that's a big discount actually.

This was all taken from Tom Cole's 30 minute FB chat/video that just ended.

Reactions: Tony Harrison

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
Still no dates for the NXL regional conferences.

HK are running their 7-man event right now with 23 teams - the finals are today. I don't know about the players, but the refs are certainly socially distancing - they're not moving from the sidelines.

I've been watching on GoSports, but the coverage is disappointing - most of it is wide angle views of the field, with no closeups of the action. Not like the NXL coverage we're accustomed to.