Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

where to buy maxflo4500 in the uk or ec

ipecac

Aug 19, 2002
Visit site
i need a maxflo 4500psi system with a 0.8l bottle...
..so where should i buy it? (should be in the european countries)
thx a lot !!!

p.s.: i like it cheap : )

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
www.smartpartseurope.co.uk
You're unlikely to get a new one much cheaper through another dealer as they all get theirs from Smart Parts anyway. If you are in the UK & can wait a few weeks, try to get to Campaign Cup, where everything should be just a little bit cheaper than normal.

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
Like Liz says, equipment at large international tournaments is usually cheaper. I got my Max Flow last year and it cost almost £450 with a 1.5L 4500psi bottle. Even though it was expensive, its well worth the money, and I regard it as the best regulator on the market today.

Although items may seem cheaper in European Countries, don't forget about the shipping, and the VAT you have to pay. Normally puts the price back upto about UK prices after all that has been added on.

Good luck.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
HSE and DOT

Originally posted by Captain Scarlet
What is the main difference between HSE and DOT bottles? which is 'better'?:confused:
HSE are approved for use in the UK, and DOT for use in the US. Current state of play is that you can't get a DOT bottle tested in the UK, so once they are 3 years old you might as well throw them away. Rumour has it that they are going to change the law in the UK so DOT bottles will be OK, but that could take years if it ever happens so for safety's sake you should get an HSE bottle.

Munkeh

Planet of the Apes
Jul 12, 2002
Cheshire
Visit site
Originally posted by Shuck

Although items may seem cheaper in European Countries, don't forget about the shipping, and the VAT you have to pay. Normally puts the price back upto about UK prices after all that has been added on.
Errm... i thought if the country was part of the EU then you didn't have to pay Tax on importing it? Maybe im wrong :confused:

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Munkeh

Errm... i thought if the country was part of the EU then you didn't have to pay Tax on importing it? Maybe im wrong :confused:
In this case, that wouldn't be relevant anyway. All the other EU dealers have to go through Smart Parts Europe so they wouldn't be selling anything much cheaper than you can get it here anyway. You would still have to pay postage & packing which would be more expensive from the mainland that within the UK.

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
Ipecac With Campaign only a few weeks away, it would be stupid not to travel down there and buy it. There are always large discounts at major events like this. Pop down, and see what offers there are.

On the whole HSE/DOT conversation, the bottles thata re supplied with .A.I.R systems are dual approved. That means you could buy them in the US and use them over here without any problems. I think this is the way to go, and ultimitely will force companies to price match because of the standardisation within the industry (sorry, been doing business dissertation last week). What do you guys (and gals) think?

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
I do know that if it hasn't got the HSE sticker somewhere on it, then you won't get it tested full stop.
Having a worldwide standard approval won't have any impact on prices here in the UK - there isn't any difference in standards with virtually all the rest of the kit we use but we still pay well over the odds here :(