Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Where to buy the best rechargeable batteries?

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Ok - now I've got myself all confused!

I could have sworn that charger did the pp3's as well but apparently not.

Back to square one. The Uniross seems favourite again then, only drag is the charge time

*edit* I might just say f**k it and go for that proffesional desktop charger - looks the bomb :D

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
The Energy 16 one - £80 odd

"The Ansmann desktop charger can charge 1-12 AAA or AA cells; or 1-6 C or D cells in addition to 1-4pcs 9V / PP3 cells. Can charge both NiMH and NiCd rechargeable cells. Auto-diagnosis of the inserted cells with automatic start of a refreshing process if required. Damaged cells will be detected and discharged before fast charging. Ultra fast charging, typically 2 hours for 9V / PP3, 2 hours for AA 1800. Minus delta V charging. Switch mode power supply for worldwide use. 3 year warranty. This is designed for the more professional user."

So far it seems:

To get fast charging of 1800 NiMh's you loose the ability to do PP3's, but you can get car chargers included - Uniross do one too with 4 1700's, 12v adapter, 2hr charge and it's £35.

Slow charging is OK, you can then do PP3's but you loose the car charger.

decisions, decisions.

Plus, with some of the prices I am starting to wonder about the economics...........

TheRo0sTer

VW's are the game
I know that Model Car shops carry the NiCads and Metal Hydrides for around 1 pound each. I know when I was looking for some for my Radio they were 1800mah. Which will give you extra long life of the charge. But you want to make sure they have sufficient Volts. But if you ask the guys at any shop they will tell you which ones are the best. Believe me when I say... The more you pay the better they are!;)