Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Where to play in the SE?

Fergus Newing

Feb 23, 2013
Hey there,

Myself and a group of friends (aged 17-19) are avid paintballers, and up until recently we'd been trying to get up to our local fields every 2-3 weeks. We play at Delta Force VictoryWood, and Holmbush paintball centre.
Due to price increases over the last year, we can no longer afford to play paintball at these sites, even though we all have part-time jobs simply for paintball, we're struggling to be able to play more than once a month.

For example, in a day of play we would usually each work our way through 1500 balls. At Delta Force, you cannot bring your own balls. Entry with 600 balls costs £45, and another 1000 balls on top of that costs an extra £70. That's £135 each for a day's play.

Not only are the prices extortionate, there is no grass X/ballspeedball at either site, you have to play speedball on a harsh, rock hard, root strewn surface, with metal barrels for cover. We're all interested in getting involved in tourny playing, but have no way to do it at these sites.

To add to that, although we have our own masks, and some have jerseys and pants, both sites prohibit you from using your own markers, which is a pain, as they can't even maintain basic, site-standard Inferno's at either site. They constantly leak paint, and I've even had a gas tank leak off all over my arm, leaving me with cold burns.

So to summarise:
- Group of late teens
- Want to play Woodsball (Xball is an added bonus)
- Want to get involved with teams/tourny
- Want to play frequently, but not have to spend ridiculous amounts of money on a single day
- Based out of Brighton and Crawley

Where do we go?

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2012
London
www.youtube.com
Don't know if it is within your range but GoPaintball London is very good. Google it :)
If your a member (10 pound for life), its £50 for your first 2000 and £30 for every 2000 after that.
It's run by Tommy Pemberton, who used to play pro, you've probably heard of him.
So yeah :)

Reactions: Adrenochrome

~Solo~

Sep 13, 2007
Kent
If you are playing regularly at Holmbush then I'm surprised that you don't know that they run a Walkon once a month for players with their own kit (including marker). If you're spending as much as you say on paint them you should save up for a month or two and buy a second hand marker so you can join in the Walkons.

If you've outgrown Punter games, which it sounds like you have, then you need to move on to Walkons. The pricing is completely different - typically £55-60 for a day including a case of 2000 paintballs.

digitalman

Apr 21, 2011
Uckfield East Sussex
Campaign Players Club is just off the M25/A3 junction and is about 40 mins from Crawley, although I've only been and played there once I did notice a sup air field there although I can't vouch for what type of surface it is played on.
Holmbush is right on your doorstep though and there are plenty of good deals on the for sales here to set you up with a good starter marker and a decent mask.
Personally I would buy something basic and reliable for a marker, usually a selection of Tippmann 98's or A5's on here round the £100 mark and some even cheaper, they will run on air or CO2 so you might be able to use a site CO2 bottle and save you a bit of cash outlay.
So for almost the cost of 1 day playing an expensive punterball game you could have your own marker, mask and a walkon game.
Just be warned though paintball can be very addictive and there are so many things to spend your well earned cash on.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Check out the costs thread
http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/what-paintball-costs.153010/

As mentioned above you are at the stage of moving from punter to walkon
You can still rent markers at many walkons, but will be wanting your own. Especially when you see and go up against the own gunners

Walkons will still be once a month, so if you want more often then you will need to travel for other walkons or to other events

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Check out the costs thread
http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/what-paintball-costs.153010/

As mentioned above you are at the stage of moving from punter to walkon
You can still rent markers at many walkons, but will be wanting your own. Especially when you see and go up against the own gunners

Walkons will still be once a month, so if you want more often then you will need to travel for other walkons or to other events

Adrenochrome

da puffmeister
Jul 12, 2001
surrey
Don't know if it is within your range but GoPaintball London is very good. Google it :)
If your a member (10 pound for life), its £50 for your first 2000 and £30 for every 2000 after that.
It's run by Tommy Pemberton, who used to play pro, you've probably heard of him.
So yeah :)
Where did you get those prices?
I looked on the site and its still 99 quid for 1500 in their best deal.
This site is m inutes from me and would be great to take mates who haven't been before at those prices.

Henry.B

London Hope #73
Jun 9, 2002
Amersham
Hey there,

Myself and a group of friends (aged 17-19) are avid paintballers, and up until recently we'd been trying to get up to our local fields every 2-3 weeks. We play at Delta Force VictoryWood, and Holmbush paintball centre.
Due to price increases over the last year, we can no longer afford to play paintball at these sites, even though we all have part-time jobs simply for paintball, we're struggling to be able to play more than once a month.

For example, in a day of play we would usually each work our way through 1500 balls. At Delta Force, you cannot bring your own balls. Entry with 600 balls costs £45, and another 1000 balls on top of that costs an extra £70. That's £135 each for a day's play.

Not only are the prices extortionate, there is no grass X/ballspeedball at either site, you have to play speedball on a harsh, rock hard, root strewn surface, with metal barrels for cover. We're all interested in getting involved in tourny playing, but have no way to do it at these sites.

To add to that, although we have our own masks, and some have jerseys and pants, both sites prohibit you from using your own markers, which is a pain, as they can't even maintain basic, site-standard Inferno's at either site. They constantly leak paint, and I've even had a gas tank leak off all over my arm, leaving me with cold burns.

So to summarise:
- Group of late teens
- Want to play Woodsball (Xball is an added bonus)
- Want to get involved with teams/tourny
- Want to play frequently, but not have to spend ridiculous amounts of money on a single day
- Based out of Brighton and Crawley

Where do we go?
Bricket Wood St Albans. Do it.

did243

Luxe/GOG Tech
Feb 17, 2012
I'm based in uckfield so inbetween there - i play at holmbush when i can - 45 quid for the day including 2000 balls (fair enough not the best), they have now got a load of supair bunkers down there to use so the old water drum things are limited and if they still have them are stacked up so you dont just play below waist height!
Also as other suggestions - bricket wood for supair, 15 entry with gi paint - 1* brought for 25 on site.

Hi guys, just been linked to this thread by JP.

Thanks for the shout out Destiny.

Some details of what we do on our EasyG Members days (last Sunday every month, next 31st March) can be found further down the page here www.gopaintball.co.uk/intel

We have a great group of guys playing every month and I want to keep it that way, no attitudes or ego's allowed hence the reason we have never publicly pushed EasyG. It is for my enjoyment (as 99% of our business is rental) and to make sure everyone always has a fun and productive day's balling. We run air on site and have 5 game maps to work with, all scenario/woodland based.

Drop me an email tommy@gopaintball.co.uk if you are interested in getting involved in 2013.

Thanks,

Tommy