Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

where to sell a marker?

Simon Davison

Aug 29, 2012
Hiya!

I joined here ages ago, but never really post anything. Where would the best place be to sell a marker?

Someone please help

Si

Spookls

pain is temporary pride is forever
Oct 21, 2013
Leicester
I would say here but you need 20 constructive post and no speed posting then you will have access to the classifieds

Vietnow

Apr 1, 2014
Be careful of using a place like eBay because you will get people who sell markers for a living. Literally. They have been doing it for years on paintball forums BST sections. Any good one will have a spreadsheet and know exactly how much to pay to make money off of you. They also will pretend to be a newbie who needs a break on the cost. It's basically the used car dealers of paintball dream palace of cheap deals. Or you get a buyer on their parents account who can't pay or steals your marker.

tl;dr - Use a forum, if it's over 1k in value use a 3rd party, and if it sounds too good to be true it is. Even on the buyer's end. Make a price you want to sell the marker for and a price you have to sell it for and never go under that price. There is always another deal.

Hope this helps you navigate the shark tank that is selling paintball equipment.

Reactions: Spookls

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Be careful of using a place like eBay because you will get people who sell markers for a living. Literally. They have been doing it for years on paintball forums BST sections. Any good one will have a spreadsheet and know exactly how much to pay to make money off of you. They also will pretend to be a newbie who needs a break on the cost. It's basically the used car dealers of paintball dream palace of cheap deals. Or you get a buyer on their parents account who can't pay or steals your marker.

tl;dr - Use a forum, if it's over 1k in value use a 3rd party, and if it sounds too good to be true it is. Even on the buyer's end. Make a price you want to sell the marker for and a price you have to sell it for and never go under that price. There is always another deal.

Hope this helps you navigate the shark tank that is selling paintball equipment.
Guns are not allowed on eBay in the UK, so it des not realy apply.

Regarding buyers who make their money out of buying & selling on eBay, this can be more of an issue on the forums. There are a few times that people have been spotted on the forum lowballing sales, then quickly putting the items back on sale.
With eBay (selling things other than guns) at least you have the options to set a minimum price, the postage etc and it does not matter how little someone wants to pay as it is an auction. Someone else can bid.
Its up to you as a seller to describe the item well, put on good photos, have a heading that will catch peoples attention and get found in searches. Poor descriptions help the 'professional' sellers to get your item cheap and resell it later with a better description.
A hard luck story will be a rare thing on eBay to get a cheaper price, the only real situation that would apply to is someone contacting the seller to end the autction early and sell at an agreed price. Let the auction take its course

Vietnow

Apr 1, 2014
Sorry I forgot the UK rules. In the US it is very common to see some poor guys Ego go for like 100 bucks when they forget to reserve the price due to how strict PayPal is in the States.

Use a third party and like Tommikka said if the seller doesn't provide a bunch of information like the love the marker they are selling and almost want to send it to a good home; it's probably a marker flipper.

Just remember it's 2014. You're selling a marker made when every company didn't put out a really high quality mid range marker every year. Unless it's a very desirable marker I would just sell it myself. But, please, like I said use a 3rd party if it's over 1k. Better safe then broke.

RusRuss

Dec 21, 2013
Cornwall
As said above, stick to the forums. At least with forums the majority of people buying and selling on them [here] are known members and you have the chance to get feedback from other users about a buyer/seller. eBay and other online auction sites are somewhat 'anonymous'. Although people have feedback on there [not always reliable], this isn't always a good indicator of a good buyer/seller. Mentioned before though, eBay won't allow you to sell guns on there any more - I miss the days when they did, had some bargains on there - so eBay isn't really an option.

Get your post count up and you can then sell in the classifieds section of this forum. :)

Hairbear89

Cornwall Paintball Club
Sep 25, 2004
Cornwall
I was going to say to start a thread introducing yourself, but I see you've already done so. Keep an eye out on new posts and see if there's anything you can contribute, also look for threads relating to players in your area. It's difficult when your post count is low and you're wanting to buy or sell, but you'll be surprised how quickly your post count can creep up.

Vietnow

Apr 1, 2014
The absolute worst thing you can do is spam the forums to get a post count up. You will look like a scammer. Just post like Hairbear said and by tomorrow you will be fine. Go into some threads and learn something!