Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Where to start?

kirky997

Apr 6, 2014
Lincolnshire
Hi,

Been playing with semis for about 2 years now and I thought using these type of markers will never get boring, I was wrong.

After 'spraying and praying' through countless newbies the thrill just isn't the same.so I've chosen to go to pump. Got any tips on where to start?

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Start cheap, hammer7, trracer if new, secondhand cocker pump something like that. Most important thing is to get something you can buy new barrels for still since the single biggest problem with pumps is roll outs.

I advise buying cheap since if you then decide you like pump you can always buy something higher end but if you don't you'll get most of your money back selling on.

Reactions: kirky997

Patellon234

Mar 6, 2014
Bradford , West Yorkshire
I got the BT Trracer as my first pump , and really love it !
It looks great , works great, and has Autococker threaded barrel , so you have big range of barrels that you can choose.
It has detents , but not detents like in semis , those detents prevent double feeds , but you can prevent rollouts in it by using the stock barrel (Ir;s very snall bore so ball does not roll) , or use barrel kit. :)
It's first strike useable.
Has picatinny rails on top of the gun , top and bottom of the pump handle , so if you want can apply scop/red dot , flashlight , laser , foregrip , bipod etc.
I got it used for 55quid so it's quite cheap :)

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I may have misinformed you about the hammer 7, apparently there is a second detent in the breach that prevents roll outs, meaning extra barrels wouldn't be needed.

Regarding hoppers I use an old indian springs maxi loader on mine but occasionally it doesn't feed (particularly if its full). You can just use whatever hopper you've already got, a rotor is probably overkill but there's no reason not to use one on a pump if that's what you've aleady got. If you have got something like a rotor and intend to sell it to recoup some cost something like an old revvy or a proto primo would probably feed well enough for a pump.

Patellon234

Mar 6, 2014
Bradford , West Yorkshire
On my Trracer Im using
1. 10rd empire spring feed tube.
2. Tac 50rd scope imitation loader.
3. Winchester 50rd loader.
4. Maybe will be using stick feed when @I used to good.Honest Uplad his for sale :)
@Canon Fodder About the Hammer 7. You can use the stock barrel only , because it's magfed/loader gun , and it has speciall barrel.
And , can you post a pic of loader you said u use ? Never seen one :)
:)