Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Where to start?

Cha$e

Oct 11, 2016
So I have recently started watching the hidden hedgehog on Youtube and it has given me a hankering for some mag fed action. Question is, whats the best place to start in terms of markers for entry level, quality vs price, load outs and ultimately mag friendly mil-sim style games. I am in Manchester so site suggestions would be appreciated.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Try before you buy is the real way to go.

You can magfed as a style (once you have your hands on a magfed) and play any walkons, scenario events etc, or you can play magfed / limited paint specific games - at which they will most likely have a magfed rental option so you can get a feel

I recommend the spyder hammer 7 as a good fun & vfm magfed gun. But it's discontinued so you would have to find second hand or get lucky with a dusty one on the shelf (doubtful as people rushed when they became discontinued)
The hammer is a pump action magfed and has the option of being used with a hopper
Other spyders such as the mr5 are available still in magfed
Approx £200

Pistols are an option at approx £200
But I would only recommend pistols as a primary, so you have a limited paint system that is light. Carry as a secondary and you have a heavy thing in a holster

The dye dam will set you back under £1000, giving you magfed or hopper and the advantage of a modern electronic gun as opposed to most magfeds which use basic old mechanical technology
There is a slightly cheaper 'cqb' dam which basiclah means you don't get the stock. I wouldn't recommend that - if you want a dam then buy the full dam and use it with or without the stock as you wish at the time.

Anything else will be in the region of £400, and is likely to be dedicated magfed
I don't get on with the magazines on most of these
I can easily naturally slot in magazines to pistols, the hammer and the dam. I struggle with 'd mags' etc

For games watch this forum, and the paintball calendar

http://www.paintballcalendar.co.uk/categories

Cha$e

Oct 11, 2016
Thanks for that. I'll try and get involved and get to a walk on somewhere near me

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
There's a new magfed coming next month. My advice is to wait until after Cup, and then get one of those. They look awesome, and have all the features you'll need, plus they are 'the right price'

Be patient, wait another 30 days or so, and then you can thank me.

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Be very aware that HH vids are heavily edited and are made for entertainment purposes so show Magfed in the best light. My advice would be to go to an event where they will rent you a magfed for the day and check that it is actually for you before dropping serious cash. It's what I did and I walked away back to hoppers.

Cha$e

Oct 11, 2016
Be very aware that HH vids are heavily edited and are made for entertainment purposes so show Magfed in the best light. My advice would be to go to an event where they will rent you a magfed for the day and check that it is actually for you before dropping serious cash. It's what I did and I walked away back to hoppers.
Thanks. I used to airsoft many years ago and I enjoyed the mil-sim aspect, the realistic weaponry and tactics. Now I'm back into paintball I see that this is slowly coming over to paintball and find more interest in trying out nagged as a result.

Whilst I appreciate that the HH videos are heavily edited, I really enjoy the prospect of limited ammo, realistic gameplay and ultimately want the all round experience