Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which camo do you like for UK woods??

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
To be honest the camouflage pattern you wear is a minor factor in 'camouflaging' you

You might not want to be seen, you might not want to be seen first, you might not want to be hit first

Don't want to be seen:
Do not be obvious - stay still, don't stand up, tuck into the edge of what is around you, be slow, be less obvious then everyone else around, don't be a threat
All of these don't need camouflage - it can help but on its own won't make you unseen

Don't want to be seen first:
Same as the above
But it can also be your situational awareness - you could just want to see the opposition before they see you, so use the above to slow them at seeing you and keep your awareness and readiness above theirs to you are shooting before they process seeing you
Or it can also be that you are less obvious then your team mates - everyone is shooting at them while you quietly do your thing

Don't be hit first
This again leads on from the above. But it can be done either way - you could hide, be slow and use distractions - or you could run straight through / deceive and appear to be going or looking elsewhere
Ever seen a speedballer play woodsball? It's not just the bling and rate of fire

In real world camouflage the primary example of 'don't be hit first' (or don't be hitt) was dazzle camouflage used by the navy
One key purpose was to make naval optical range finders ineffective (they take two views and align them - the same way as the brain takes different views from each eye to make a 3d image) this slowed or prevented range finding, another method was a painted bow wave making the ship look like it was sailing faster
Dazzle camouflage works as a disruptive pattern - you can't see the size or shape of the ship
The d in DPM is for disruptive, and is the same form of camouflage worn by most armies since ww2
It's not their to make you invisible - it's there to disrupt your shape and deceive the identification of you

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Can anyone suggest a good online surplus store
EBay
Your local car boot sale - especially just after a unit has returned from operations
EBAirsoft (Not so much 'army surplus' but a handy source for camos - just take care on oriental sizes)

The best part of surplus shops is finding the bargains, shopping online may lose some of that to postage.
Dixies Corner comes highly recommended based on who runs it, where he is and the custom kit service he provides to soldiers
http://www.dixiescorner.co.uk/
Dropzone are located in some garrison towns so you can be sure a good amount of their stock is up to decent standards:
http://www.army-surplus.co.uk/militarygear/
Or theres this lot:
http://sandiegofit.com/categories/shop-by/color-print/camo.html?sort=newest

CraigofScotland

Naked fun time
Oct 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
All black.

Its slimming and works better for the changing enviroments in the uk or even different parts of the fields.

Having a dozen shouting scotsman negate this stealthyness of course.

Reactions: Dusty

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Single colours olive or black will always be surprisingly effective. I use my Mod mojo to invisibilise myself like a ninja.

longi

Mar 16, 2008
Belgian/German Dot is very good as is multicam. Personally I think Belgian/German Dot is the best I've ever seen (Or not seen as the case may be!) Every time I've seen someone wearing it they just seem to melt away. I've never thought DPM was all that good. Belgian/German Dot all the way for me.

Rufkneck

Aug 28, 2013
planet eclipse HDE is nice but I myself use Angel's "Arabis" line of playing gear its a cross over from speedball to woodsball. its discontinued know but im sure its still knocking around somewhere