Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which do you prefer most. Woods or Sup'air ?

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Are you a woodsballer ? have you tried Sup'air ?
or
Are you a Sup'air player ? have you tried the woods ?

If you play both, which do you prefer and WHY ????

Even if you have stopped playing altogether, which style was for you ?

fintan harding

Jun 11, 2012
i love both in my opinion sup air is a lot more adrenalin pumping as its so fast but i play more woodsball as my local site mostly plays woodsball my reccomendation would be that you have to try both before you decide if you only want to play one of them

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
Played both.

Started in the woods, then did a few years playing both, joined the Warriors and pretty much stayed in the woods ever since.

I prefer woods - though in reality you can't really beat a good urban site. mahlwinkel in germany, a former soviet air base has to be the best place ever.

Although sup'air is a far more intense buzz it just doesn't offer me the trigger/playing time I want from a days balling.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Played at little bit of Supair.. mainly pump

But i'm a die hard woodsballer - I started playing on woodland sites in the late 80's and it's still where I feel most at home. Supair still seems to focus on quantity of paint in the air, rather than quality of game play and value for money for the player. Having been drilled on splatmasters and pumps in my early years, I've alway been a less is more kinda guy where ROF and paint consumption are concerned

Last edited:

Sanchez

Aug 22, 2011
Started in the woods, got invited to train with a supair team, since then i couldn't care one bit if i never played woodsball again tbh.

Reactions: upzii

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Sup-Air is more an adrenalin rush more than anything else, that`s what you pay for ? when you play in the woods you may hear somebody say " Oh yeah I could catch or even dodge the paintballs " but when you play Sup-Air It`s like somebody has picked up a handful of shingle stones and thrown them at you saying " Dodge that "

CraigofScotland

Naked fun time
Oct 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Woodsball for me.

I've dabbled in tourny and get invited to do cpps, masters by mates but never seem to find the finances to do both types :(

For me, im to competitive to play tourny, which may seem like a contradiction, but if I was going to play it, I'd want to be the best or at least be able to give it my very best possible effort. I don't feel up here in Glasgow I could do that, which would leave me frustrated and not enjoying it. And without enjoyment, what's the point.

Woodsballs is still competitive but in a very different sort of way. We still go on the field and smash people in the face but if we actually win the day or not, I couldn't give a crap about.

Its all about the booze, women, mates and some trigger time.

Last edited:

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Hmmmm

I'd say I am now a woodsballer. Used to play tourney a few years back. I was an 'ok' back player considering the time I spent playing sup air.

I like both though - but I think Sup Air is a bit of a dream - I am a hefty guy and can't keep up with these 9 stone waifs!

However, that said I am going to go to some training sessions for Madtoxic in a few months. May take part in that Gunslingers thing at Staargate.

I think both styles can be combined for a hybrid game...

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Hmmm.. a variety of reasons here so far, the above posters mainly being players whom have been around for a while now.
Would be good to see some players from the past, and some who have only recently started playing not long to see there views and preference.