Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which do you prefer most. Woods or Sup'air ?

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
I like woodsball and sup equally personally but after my first supair game at the Mitchell cup I can definitely understand why people are hooked and I am definitely going to play supair again soon

digitalman

Apr 21, 2011
Uckfield East Sussex
Only played Sup air once at a place near Manchester airport, one of the Eclipse team guys was there and it was a great day but I do prefer playing in the woods because I do like to play sneaky at times ;)

Reactions: Cuttsy

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Sup-Air is a team sport filled with adrenaline from the time you get on that field , I mean you can feel it when you get to your starting gates and you need to bond with the team mates to play well, Woods is basicly a gun-ho gang slung together by people that just turn up to shoot their guns or perhaps rented and usually play blind to how to play with a lot of sites not helping with tactics and plans, Christ !! a grandmother can pull a trigger, but knowing how to use it is something else, if your lucky to get players that know what to do then your lucky, you take pot luck on this one. You can`t mix the two, you don`t even stand the same = standing side on in the woods where you would crouch to sitting position in Sup-Air, you can`t get your gun right into the side of a bunker or shed or tree like you can in Sup-Air, in fact I see this week in week out of the woodsballers not even holding their guns correctly ( we have to teach them ) unlike a lot of sites that don`t. No matter who I ask if they`ve done it before they`ll tell me they were a sniper ... In Paintball !!! I have to laugh. This is my 28th year in Paintball and I started out in the woods and obviously loved it and I still do but I can honestly say that all knowledge of how to play has come from playing Sup-Air. It even shows in the woods when a tourney player is in the game, depending how good he is , before now I`ve had to balance up the sides by taking up to 5 x players from the side that didn`t have the tourney player just to even it up. I think Sup-Air you can develope some amazing skills as it Shows with the amount of divisions there are, and there arn`t that many at the top, and staying there !! you`ll soon find out where your team lays in proportion with the other teams, I`ve seen many teams run away when they get slaughtered not realizing on the strength of the teams above them,
however , Woodsball has always been fun and I think it still is with the camo type of thing for those that haven`t seen any services ( usually that`s the case ) but every now and again a woodsball crowd shines as to their playing ability and I`ve got to say That`s the game I like to play. ... Conclusion :- Love them both > totally different but love them both.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I like both, have played lots more supair than woods and never had the pleasure of a big game. Something I hope to rectify next year.

There's talk of training for the Irish team's entry to the Nations cup at the millennium, I think it's going to be too expensive but would consider it for an event at least.

Time and family commitments make it hard for me to play much at all, end of the day paintball is paintball and I'll take what I can get!!

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
I have played and still play both, lots of the reasons are as already mentioned but I will give my two penneth anyway.

Started playing 20 odd years ago in the woods when it was good old 10 man and long long games, played in this area for 8 odd years and thoroughly enjoyed it. Then packed up for 4 years and then joined my current team the Redskins. Started back in the woods down at dragons lair and then it changed to the Sup air arena. At first this was awesome and travelled to a fair few sites and the adrenalin rush made the day excellent. Now fast forward 6 odd years and I no longer play the 5 man format as in my own personal opinion you do not get enough "Bang for your Buck". With the Redskins we have been playing the most Excellent Formula 5 Event at John Sosta Home address for 2 years, and although this format has evolved, you still get alot more Trigger Time than other 5 man events and formats. In its current format we play 4 x 10 minute games and I reckon you get 5 mins of play as a minimum in each game. Since been playing this I WILL NOT go back to playing 5 Man.

On the flip side of things with regards to Woodsball, I have a couple of Team mates who have been friends for over 20 years and we all started playing Paintball and gave up at the same sort of time. Over the last few years we as a small group of 4 have started playing some big game events and getting back in the woods. We have played NvS a couple of times, Time Wars twice with the third this weekend and also TCUK twice, as well as a couple of other odd events. My friends now prefer to play these events (and have now given up Sup Air) due to both the cost and actual Trigger Time. I thoroughly enjoy being back in the woods and with the fact of taking my 12 year old son this weekend to TW, am hoping this will become a bigger part of playing. I will carry on with the Redskins as I have made some really good friends here, and win lose or draw the sup air for me at least, is more of a social thing. The woodsball is just a group of friends having a good laugh with no real responsibility !!!

Paintball did get quite Political and with rising costs in general life, it needed for me to be cost effective to play. Fortunately I am able to do both formats but still only play 9 or 10 times a year.

Bring back 10 man in the woods !!! (y)

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Supair is where, to an extent, i get to perform my hardest and test myself to do the best i can for myself and for my team. only played 2 pretty crap big games a few years ago but would like to get off to something decent at some point. other than that for me woodsball is all about having a laugh with some mates, doing stupid stuff and enjoying a stress free Sunday :)

i love the balance of just turning up to supair events, playing hard and going home at the end of the day and then enjoying some woodsball whenever i can in between. don't get me wrong when the facilities were here i loved training hard every other week for upcoming tournaments but nowadays since this isn't an opportunity i enjoy just playing as and when i can!