Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which ego?

milsimm

Spray and Pray!
Sep 1, 2008
Hey guys, just wondering which ego is best value for money nowadays, is the ego 8 worth the extra cash for the ego 7. Or how about an sl66. Any advice appreciated

whatalotigot

.:*EGO Maniac*:.
Sep 15, 2008
Well, wait till after cup. all the ego's prices will go down due to the release of the 09. and if you have the $$$ and like the 09 get it. every ego is worth the penny!

Samwell

LUUPBS
Sep 8, 2007
Darlington
In my opinion get an 05

parts are still widely available second hand and from planet and they are damn robust as long as you dont mind the extra bit of weight

and they are very cheap.

i love my 07 but wish i hadnt sold my 05 to upgrade
my 2p

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
Depends on budget and prefrence..
But as Samwell says the '05's are great.
I've got one and was going to upgrade to an '07 but I prefered my 5 after trying the 7,so I kept mine and spent some money on it,tadao,barrels...never had an issue with it either.
All easy to maintain,try as many as you can,the '05's are soooo cheap at the moment.
Whichever you chose you know you're going to get reliability,considered an Etek?...:D

recoil101

Renegade RSA
Sep 17, 2008
South Africa
Best value for money would be your 05 as people sell it for cheaper then the 06 but there is not really a huge difference between the two. Its the same as the 07 and the 08 not really to much of a difference between the two either.

Etek with a starframe or even a stock etek is nice to shoot. I picked up a etek2 as a back up so I could hang up my nexus 06 and am now shooting my etek till I the 09 comes out as I just sold my 08. Put a starframe on it and added a zick kit and cure2 bolt and shoots just like my 08 did just for much cheaper.

Team FPC

Have Guns, Will Travel...
Jul 22, 2008
Leeds
Hi there,
I own an 07, Etek Ltd Ed & an 05!! (all kitted out with a variety of upgrades).
I have to admit the 07 gets used the most, however I see little difference between them all performance-wise. The 07 wins overall for me due to it's size & handling. I find the 05 slightly too bulky for my needs. This is my only criticism. I have other Markers too but I find myself returning to Planet Eclipse gear as they have set a very high standard of quality indeed! hope this is of use... Nate (Team FPC)