Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which ego?

gadge

Team Kinetic
Sep 7, 2005
Tidworth/Leicester/Exeter
I agree with alot of the advice on hear and im sure its obvious to you the newer you go the more expensive there gonna be on the second hand market. Also the PL guns will always go for a little more even though some are just cosmetic upgrades. The SLs usually feature upgrades that appear on the next generation gun so think of those as an 06.5/07.5/08.5-for the sl66/sl74 and SL8R ect.

The best advice i can offer is take time to try as many as you can and you will find one for you.

I have owned an 05, an 06 nexus and now currently use an 08. And they have all been great very reliable guns so you realy cant go wrong with a second hand Ego as long as the price is right and the improvments from year to year do make a difference, so its all down to your wallet and how much your going to use the marker to justify the cash.
Now i have used the 08 for a season I can see the advantages over older ones as its lighter, handles and points more naturally than the previous models, has improved internals and is super soft on fragile paint. So i believe its worth the slighly higher tag than a 07 say. just my 10p.

The the oldest 05s can still easily compete in todays game and can be festooned with tons of mods and upgrades. As can the eteks. But after you add the upgrades your probably going to be looking at the same money as a newer model. Swings and roundabouts.

The good news is the older guns will probaly have a few of these mods on anyway (not that there necesary) as peeps in the same boat as you have done the very same thing.

If your at any Nspl event please give us a shout and you can have a blast with our 08's as well as our team back ups (06's/07's) to see the difference.

Hope this has helped
Gadge