Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which Goggles???

T

TendringLOEB

ooo cheers nickyboy! are trade stands good then? you reckon there'll be some at the 3 man?

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Here are some things you ought to think about when mask shopping:

How big is your head?
If you have a little spider monkey skull, then Dye Invisions will work nicely, as they are a little smaller than most other masks. This means that they present a touch less target, but if you are hydroencephalitic, your misshapen potato of a head will poke out all over the place and you won't enjoy as much protection.

Do you wear glasses?
If you do, you will want a mask that has more room for them, and perhaps one that supports a fan. The Profilers from Vforce have enough room for most glasses, and the foam doesn't cover where the frame leads back to your ears, which is nice. On the other hand, they don't have a fan available to use with them, like JT or Dye masks.

Does it bother you if the mask moves around a little, or does firm foam around the goggle bother you more?
Having something on your face all day is irritating anyway. You should try on masks, as others have said. When you do, press it to your face, shake you head vigorously, and when the spots clear from your vision, assess whether the mask moves around too much for your likiing, or if they were uncomfortably rigid when you fell face first into the floor. Dye has some fairly snug masks, with three different densities of foam, and they won't move much when you are biting a rat and trying to shake it to death. JT, on the other hand, uses much softer foam, that might absorb sweat more effectively and be gentler on your baby soft skin, though they move more than I like when headbutting someone.

How hard is it to change lenses?
Some masks make this very complicated. Dye Invisions are not fun to switch the lens in, though the Proto line is pretty easy. Some masks are designed to be very simple to disassemble, clean, and switch the pane in a hurry, while others are an IQ test to remove a scratched lens from.

Do they look stupid?
Like Mom always used to say, "take that thing off your face, you look ridiculous!" Aesthetics are highly personal, and it takes all kinds to make this crazy world go 'round, but if you are choosing a mask with full skull coverage for its looks, rather than its increased protection, you are hopeless and I wash my hands of you. Also, if you like the look of that JT FX-10 thing, well, I am pretty sure that we have nothing more to talk about about, ever. I can't hear you, Lalala-la-la!

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
started off with v-forces but the foam makes your face sweat which is horrible and the sweat goes in your eyes etc. also my head's quite small and they dont sit very well, the foam doesnt mould to your face at all- I found them easier to knock off during a fall or dive than my invisions or a Flex.

...might be better trying on all your mates masks, and saying that as long as they're in good condition (dont forget to buy a new lense), its a lot cheaper to buy 2nd hand than new off a tradestand, unless they're a new model that just came out eg: 06 invisions coming out at World Cup.

JT Flex masks apparently bounce really well, but had several just break and hurt my mouth. Saying that they're really light, and you can get different straps for them eg: leopard/tiger/zebra print

I got some Invisions and've been happy with them the year I've had them, except i had some shots go straight through the two centre mouthpieces, so i put some mousemat on the holes (inside :p) and they've been fine since.

depends what you like: do you want goggles that stick to your face (Invisions are excellent, also JTs eg Flex & Proteus), or do you want soft or hard face protection (Flexs are soft rubber, Invisions are medium soft rubber, and v-forces are hard plastic)

T

TendringLOEB

hehe, only sick on my face after a heavy night.

thanks for all the advice guys, and girls, i shall take it into consideration when i go to ashford, there shou hopefully be a couple of pairs for sale there.

Cheers