Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which gun :S ? £500

viirkokka

Dec 11, 2008
South West
I've been playing a few years and felt I should invest in my own gun, helmet, etc :D I was considering a Tippmann A5 but learnt the cyclone feeder doesn't allow it to go above about 17BPS. I have a price range of about £500 and am looking to buy something powerfull with good range, good accuracy, durable and strong, upgradeable and a good BPS though I don't think above 22BPS would be neccesary?

I play mostly woodsball but sometimes speedball.

Throw some suggestions at me :D I'd go a above £500 if neccesary but ideally I want to get mask, air tank, etc, all in that range!

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Couplpe of things;

1. They are masks or goggles not helmets.
2. All markers have the same power or as it is called velocity, and this is adjusted by you depending on what velocity the sie you are playing at allow.
3. You wont need anywhere near 22bps, most sites will only let you use semi auto so youll only manage around 12bps, and in speedbal most sites again restrict you to a bps limit around 12bps.
4. All markers have very similar range as the range is dependant on the velocity and the paint to barrel bore match mainly. The only difference for range would be a flatline barrel on a tippman (but an tippman would be pretty useless in speedball)
5. For £500 you can get a very nice setup. Id suggest a maker such as an Ego for peoples first as you can throw it about very well and it will stand up to a lot of abuse. There are loads of threads on what markers to get as yor first so have a read through them and decide. If possible have a look at your local site and see what people are using as they are normally very happy to let you have a try.
6. Does your local site supply air if not then you may be better of buying a gun for C02 usage (SP8, vibe, smething like that) or you'll need to get your own air (scuba tank and fill reg)

Have a read through the newbie section for oppinions on markers mate as everyone will say something different to you

viirkokka

Dec 11, 2008
South West
Also, my local site supplies air. My brother has a scuba tank we can fill up locally and he tells me I can fill my bottle with it. Apparently air is better than c02 for electric guns because c02 can freeze the wires and make them brittle?

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
not so much the wires as the internal hosing and the o-ring seals, but yes, air is generally better than CO2 if it is available to you.

if you are playing a mix of woodsball and speedball then consider something away from the military styling of the woodsball dedicated markers. they are either too bulky or slower mechanical markers.

sid's suggestion of looking for a 2nd had ego6 is good - yes you can fork out that kind of money on a new A1, but is it necessary?

for a first marker i'd seriously suggest looking through the forum classifieds. with £500 to splash you can pull yourself together a topnotch setup - and leave cash to go to a walkon and buy paint :D

the amount of stuff you find you need will be more than you thought:
marker, hopper, air, mask, pod harness, pods to start with.
then:
squeegies, paint, playing clothes, batteries, more paint, padding, boots, more paint, cloths, gear bag...... - it is never ending, but worth it!