Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which gun to buy?

ryan_martin93

Dec 22, 2001
Wisconsin
communities.msn.com
Hey everyone, I am new into the paintball stuff and I was just wondering what gun would you recommend as a first gun. Of course I want a semi-automatic. I was thinking Pihrana or Spider but what are your suggestions? I don't want to just know the brands, but the model numbers also please! Thanks so much...Ryan Martin.

P.S. I was also thinking not more than about $150 or so!

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
With a $150 budget you'd be hard pushed to get a decent semi. I think Spyders and piranas are closed to the 200-300 mark. Though you may be able to get a Tippman M98 for that price.

I suggest you save up a little more, have some fun with your sites rentals. And try and get a second hand automag.

permboy

Aug 14, 2001
Birmingham
Do not buy an automag there not good enuf and mooney is a fool

If you haven't played then obviously play and if you've only just started then play for a while as yuo need to know if you want to get into the sport and play it a lot

save up and buy an impulse or something along those lines when you are better and want to spend the cash

later

p.s. spyder = sh*t
p.p.s. pirahna = erm... it's not too bad

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
Geez, everytime someone asks for advice on what starter gun they should get it seems like everyone tells them to save us for an impulse or mag or cocker or something like that. WTF?!?!
NOBODY should EVER buy a gun over 250$ as their FIRST gun.

Spyders and Piranhas are only sh*t compared to high-end tourney level guns. They are great for rec-ballers or beginners so stop f*cking up everyone's head telling them they have to save up that much money to buy their first gun.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh here but nobody should ever buy an expensive gun as their first gun. It's just not right if you know what I mean. You gotta learn how to play and take care of your marker, and having a cocker or mag as your first gun will be hell. I mean, I'm actually having little problems with my Spyder. I can't imagine what I would do with a cocker.

RYAN: Spyders and Piranhas are great starter guns or rec-baller guns, you won't go wrong with them. I'd advise getting a compact 2000 if you don't have much cash, otherwise get an Xtra or a Piranha PRO TS. They are among the best of the Spyder/Piranha lines.

QuikSilver

I agree with emerson. My first gun, i got for free! Good ol' nelspot 007. Then a series of pumps, each that cost less than $100.

"p.s. spyder = sh*t
p.p.s. pirahna = erm... it's not too bad"

uhhh, they're the same gun. PMI made a exzact copy of the spyder.

I say get a tippmann, and do NOT invest a lot of $$ into it. When you feel like your skill has surpast the gun, chuck the tippmann and get a cocker or mag or MAYBE even a really cheap electro.

My advice.

permboy

Aug 14, 2001
Birmingham
oh well wrong again :)

all i said was that he needs to probably play more with different guns to get a good feel for them and then buy a decent gun for himself.

spyders and piranhas i don't think have much of a market in this country although i'm sure there are a fair few out there. Listen to the americans :)

tippmanns are good starter guns also

Yes there the same gun quiksilver but different aesthetics make them different and i just think the spyder is sh*t :)

later all

rockon_1

( .)( .)
Oct 15, 2001
indoors
Visit site
hehe my first gun was a nitro equipped autococker . of course i'd already been playing for a while and simply hadnt bought a gun due to cash flow problems .

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
Inferno

All you guys have over looked the Inferno. It's the only gun I recommend to the starters.

Ryan, to be on the safe side go check out as many starter semis as you can. Inferno, Spyder, PMI, Tippmann are all good for starting out.

Good luck, and remember to have fun :)

Simon

longballer01

Dec 27, 2001
missouri, kc area
Visit site
well lets see. anyone who tells you not to buy or to buy this or that is giving opinions so let me give you good advise.

if you have never played before then you need to use a rental. you will know after a couple of sessions if you are going to be a die hard fan or not.

then and only then buy a gun.

as far as what gun to buy, well that is up to you and depending on how much you are gonna play needs to be a deciding factor. i have 13 different markers now and its because i have the money and dont care and just like to collect them too, but if i were you i would look at what other are playing with.

if you wind up getting bit by the paintnball bug then you might as well by the best gun for the money with what budget you have to work with because if you just settle with what you can buy immediately then you will be buying another soon when something else you like better catches your eye.

for rec play spyder,pmi phirana, rebels, bruisers, jokers, illustrators, the high end guns that you can buy at wholesale stores in america, they are all pretty much the same and considered starter rec guns. the only one that stands alone would be the tippmanns which have a little different design but are known to be a little more reliable than the others but not by much.

the tourney deemed guns would be the angels, matrix, bushmasters and bob longs,cockers, shockers, mags (DO NOT GET A MAG>>>TRUST ME) i have owned all but the matrix.
these guns take up a $1000.00+ dollars by the time you are done with them.

where i play in kansas city missouri usa most serious rec and tourney players play with the autococker of the custom variety. most of them have stuck about $1500.00 into thier guns. i have one as well but honestly..............if i had to get rid of them all i would use my tippman m98 custom.

in short......do what you wanna do.....if you got the $ then buy the best........if you dont then my suggestion is the spyder compact with a drop forward,12 oz tank, dye barrel, and expansion chamber. reliable and can be gotten off the net for less than $200.00

Gretik

Below Green, Yellow maybe
Oct 26, 2001
Derbyshire
Visit site
Look around...

Look around too, tournaments sometimes have people selling second hand markers at a fair price, I would have a look. You can get nifty deals that way, get an older one with a few tricks in it for the price of a new, and occaisionally a marker selling for a half or less of it's real value. Also while you are ther you can get other people's opinion. Most paintballers I have met are more than happy to help.